Hacking issues about NGC game play through SD-boot on the wii

leikaiyaoming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,I have bought a wii SD card adapter today(just insert it to the gamecube memory slot to play GCgame on the wii).I have install the NGC homebrew with wad manager ,also put the ISO of NGCgame to the SD card ‘s GCgames folder.of course I have installed the Mios V10 before to support the NGC game.

when I start the software and loading SD-Boot successful ,feel so glad.But however,life always seems not so easy,when I choose the ISO from the SD-Boot menu,it then appear black screen !!! I had tried a lot of games such as Resident Evil zero,Resident Evil 3,R_Racing_Evolution,and so on,the result are same,always appears black screen though I tried PAL 60, PAL50, NTSC60,but with no lucky~~~ who can give me some advices on how to slove this issues.

Thanks in advance.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried both wiigators and wanins latest cmios, GCbooter (latest rev) and SDboot (latest rev) via my SD media launcher and I can get it to boot to the SD boot menu and then it fails to read the SD (having loaded sdboot from the very same SD as start.dol at the root)

I think its could be an issue with the adapter...

Any one know how?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To test your sd card adapter, launch some app from HBC via sdgecko support. If that works, the adapter should be fine.

I would launch SD-Boot this way:
Install the cMIOS from the NeoGamma R9 beta thead
put the SD-Boot .dol as GC.dol in the NeoGamma folder on sd card(front sd)
Set NeoGamma to GC mode external
Insert your GC retail disc and boot it

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tested loading from HBC via SDgecko slot A and B = working

Installed cMIOS v10 (is this correct?), set up neogamma r44 and SDboot v0.4 final as gc.dol, set to external.

SDBoot boots up, I selected 16mhz (also tested 32mhz) slot A (also tested B) and I am still getting the red error message about "Mounting device... Error re-insert SDgecko and press A" every time... any ideas?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you using a sdhc card? Those are not supported by the current SD-Boot versions. If not, i fear it might be an incompatible card, but i think the next version of SD-Boot would fix that.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nope, just a standard 2gb fat16 formatted sd. I have 3x 2gb sd cards, and 1x 1gb card all non sdhc... none of them are working for this... very strange. Thanks for the swift help though, any further ideas?

Could it just be the SD Media Launcher is inferior to a real SDGecko?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought all those adapters are the same, they just map all connections from gc memory card 1:1 to a sd card. Which is why it's said to be easy to make your own sd gecko.

Hmm, maybe your sd cards are in the wrong format? Try this:
http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

Also, you have an .iso in the right folder, and the file in unfragmented?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm yeah I use this formatter. The iso in the GCGAMES folder in the SDgecko its a 1.4gb *.iso untouched.

I'll try reformatting the card again and try a selection of iso's.

Edit1: reformatted 2 cards, tired both with the same iso and it still errors during mounting the SD....
Even with the GCGAMES folder empty it errors...

Edit2: Still nothing, tried different isos, different extentions (iso/gcm), also tried GC homebrew (snes9x) and it still errors before it finds whatever is on the card. Must be something I'm missing here....

Trawling through google reveals that the SDML is perfectly compatible with SDBoot, so I guess I'll have to wait for v1.0 to drop before I try again.

Thanks again for the help WiiPower. If anything else crosses your mind for me to try out, let me know.

leikaiyaoming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solve the issues by myself and find that SD boot only works with the wii which hacked by chips(just like wiikey,D2Ckey),and if the wii was hacked through software and SDboot require an original edition NGC/wii game disc when loading the game.If come across with any problems at mounting SD,just change the version of your SDboot ……

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I'm booting from an original.. I'll try alternate versions of sdboot.

EDIT: V0.3 and v0.4b report same issue (even tried yet another SD card borrowed from a mate)

Anyone got any other revisions of SDBoot knocking about that I could try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball