Issue with USBLoaderGX / d2x cIOS installer (games not starting, booting back to homebrew menu)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Steinfeld, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Steinfeld
    OP

Steinfeld Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2019
    United States
    Hello!

I'm trying to use USBLoaderGX to run backups of wii games. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the games started - every time I select "start," the screen simply goes black for several seconds before booting back to the homebrew channel menu.

When I first went looking around for answers, I thought I had figured out the problem: I had not installed or used "d2x cIOS Installer" to change my wii ISOs. However, after following every tutorial I could find on cIOS Installer to a T (even repeating the entire process several times,) my games will still not boot up. Has anyone here had a similar issue? If so, could I get some help?

It's worth noting that I'm very new to the homebrew/hacking scene, so it's very possible I'm missing something obvious.

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

It is nice to see,that you tried to find a solution by yourself.:yay:
    Thats is was Softmodding stands for.Good work.

To get to the "core of evil" is is recommended to do a sysCheck and post it here please.To see and check if your CIOSes and IOSes are occupied correctly.

Here is a great Manual how to achieve this:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

You maybe not able to post/upload someting at the moment (in Lack of the needed 5 posts of you like in GBAtmep regulars mentioned).
    If you do your sysCheck correct,you have an sysCheck.csv file on the ROOT of your Wii´s SD Card.You can open it with the Windows Editor or Notepad.It is a simple Text like this
    This is the content of an sysCheck.csv file:
    and you can simply copy/paste it in your next Answer here.

Thank you and Good luck.:)

3. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    What are your games on? Usb flash drive? If so thats your problem. Most usb flash drives dont work. Although some apparently do. Its best to get a usb hdd.

4. Steinfeld
    OP

Steinfeld Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2019
    United States
    Hi! Sorry that took me so long, and thanks for your help! Here's my system check:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Really? I have been using flash drives for all of this. If nothing else works, I guess I'm going to have to go out to Best Buy and get me an hdd.

5. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello and thank you for the sysCheck.:)

ModMii tells you about it that your Game relevant cIOSes has to be updated:

First main thing is the PRIILOADER,a simple Brick Protection.If you install some WAD or a Channel/Forwarder and something goes wrong and you can not longer boot iti Wii System Menu this is a Lifesaver for you and your Wii.MUST INSTALL please.

HackMii Installer and BootMii SD Files - This installer installs the NAND backup and restore tool BootMii.(Homebrew Channel is already on your Wii I suspect you already have installed it WITH the HackMii Installer.:D )

Simple IOs Patcher - Patch the IOS36, IOS60, IOS70 and / or IOS80 with the Trucha Bug, among others.

The two main Game cIOSEs as we know

cIOS249 with Base 57
    cIOS250 with Base 56
    and also
    222,223,224 and 202

Please do also the IOS236 installer (put a patched IOS36 into Slot 236 so programs that do not support HW_AHBPROT can modify the NAND).

MultiMod Manager
    is the Tool for install all your downloaded WAD Files on your Wii.Please read ALSO the generated Guide for the whole Install process.

The points 1-9 on your sysCheck List is not really neccessary.It is your choice to do that.

GOOD LUCK.:)

Last edited by alexander1970, Jul 26, 2019
  6. Anticristo666

Anticristo666 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Argentina

What you mentioned can be used for the vwii mode? .. I have the same problem with the usb loader gx ... before I could use it but after since I started using an external HD (mocha cfw) the vwii mode started to malfunction ... format the console but it did not solve the problem (do not perform bakcup of the nand vwii) .. the loader does not recognize the external hd as well as the wii games (transferred with the wii bakcup manager), but the gamecube games recognize them and are playable (usb loader gx and nintendont),

7. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Unfortunately I do not have a WiiU but for what I know NO.
    You simply should not install for example a common custom cIOS to Slot 222/223.This will brick your vWii and maybe also your WiiU !!

For what I know there are cIOSes Versions for the vWii,but I do not know anything about cIOS Install on vWii.:(
    I am not an WiiU User or Expert or have experience with it,sorry for that.

But I am sure,other Users who read this will help you on your Question.:)

Thank you.:)

Last edited by alexander1970, Sep 5, 2019
  8. Anticristo666

Anticristo666 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Argentina
    ok bro np..

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted