Hacking Is your G6 lite corrupt or broken?

Is your G6 lite corrupt or broken?

• Nope, just dandy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It has been corrupted at least once, but I fixed it.

• It's corrupted and bricked. Goddammit.

• Total voters

harryjon35

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'm not sure yet. got it yesterday and i already had to low-level format it in order to get it back to work.

i played some games like tetris ds, mario kart, princess peach, brain age and brain age academy. princess peach sometimes crashes with 2 black screens when i enter a green pipe. brain age crashed once, too. anyone else has problems like this? all games are dofat and trimmed. fw and game manager are the newest. will test some more this evening.

midget35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think for the sake of all our sanities- trim should be disabled for testing puposes. It is perhaps best not to report a problem here if you have issues and insist on using trim.

We know it can crash some games.

Anyway- my G6 got corrupted, but I took it off the burner BEFORE removing the burner.

Sounds like a silly thing to do, but there is no documentation with it, so I guess it happens.

Reformatted it, and now it works superbly.

The only trouble is that gba mario pinball does not save.

harryjon35

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think for the sake of all our sanities- trim should be disabled for testing puposes. It is perhaps best not to report a problem here if you have issues and insist on using trim.

maybe you're right but there is a thread (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35582) on this board about non-trimmable roms and the list is pretty short. so i guess trimming roms shouldn't be a problem. i'll try without trimming of course when i get back home. i still have hope to get my problems solved.

wolfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the day i received it , i corrupted it , but it was my fault
i did like im using my MMstick for my PSP , put inside my card reader , out , in , out like nothing...

SO how did i corrupted it? i let the burner in always , just put the g6 card , remove it , with the burner still connected
+
I didnt use the safety usb uemove from microsoft

after few minutes , my computer didnt want to open it anymore , so i had to format

since then , no problem at all , work perfect , following the instructions

midget35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@harryjon: You're right in a sense- it is rare that a clean rom works w/ g6, but trimming does create a lot of issues with wireless.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, by the way, there is very little documentation to go by and it is just my opinion. I'll try Peach myself when I get home and try recreating the bug you've reported.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had a black screen with trauma centre (trimmed) and a freeze at castlevania intro movie (trimmed) , but upon restarting it works fine.. so its random.

not sure if its related to the trimming but after that i wiped out the entire card and reloaded the roms without trimming. i'll report back if anything craps out

ive only had the g6lite for 1day, so i havent tested it much.

Mastershredder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to play brain age yesterday and the icon in the G6 launcher was weird looking. When I went to launch the game, it just went to white screens... I deleted it and added it again and everything's working fine. I guess it got corrupted somehow, but everything else seems to be working fine.. i'm not complaining. My save file was also intact.

harryjon35

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my problems somehow disappeared. no crashes anymore. the only thing i changed was inserting a ds card into the ds slot. may this affect the g6? never had to insert a card to play with my m3-cf.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never had a problem with the G6 lite. I pull the whole thing out of the usb port every time with the G6 plugged in without any problems. I have a chinese version. I wonder if the problems may be related to specs of the users pc, something that causes the device to be corrupted that is not consistent among all machines.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say the majority of problems are related to people not treating the G6 Lite like a regular USB pen drive - you always need to click that 'safely remove hardware' icon, and then pull the unit out of the USB drive as a whole. I can't believe anyone would pull a half a device from a USB port - it's only 5V, but that's enough power to fry whatever you're pulling in/out.

Also, I agree with a previous poster - you simply shouldn't be allowed to post errors if you use trim. You use that at your own risk. Errors should be reported on untrimmed roms only.

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my original g6 would get corrupted ALL THE TIME
but thats just cuz i didnt know to use the safely remove software thing..
i was thinking it was just something i did why everytime i went to add something else to the cart it would get corrupted.
but now that i know better my g6 lite should work just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill