Gaming Is this PC g00d 4 gaming????

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some but not many new ones such as fallout 3 and such if you get it to play games with detail such as fallout 3 itll be on low settings
NOTE: i used fallout 3 as a reference b/c it was the first to come to mind what i mean is games that are 3-D and need some GPU power to run them such as games that are also released on next gen consoles such as ps3 and xbox360 the wii doesn't count

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No the 4200 is crap and the processor isn't that great either. Build a desktop.
tongue.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
like they said laptops arent ideal for gaming.
in most cases they overheat easily and then the CPU downclocks itself automatically to reduce the heat (which makes games unplayable)

besides be careful, thats a refurbished product... from experience these arent good and will either turn defective or wont work at all. not saying its true for all refurb products but thats what i experienced myself.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
No the 4200 is crap and the processor isn't that great either. Build a desktop.
tongue.gif
this

I have almost those exact sames specs

except I have a 4100
it can do basic gaming like CS and stuff
but struggles with like fear on max with the native res
portal works fine though on native res and everything max

and the M300 (which I have in mine) is basically the equivalent on the intel pentium dual core series
works fine for almost all cases
never had problems with it

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
>Gateway
>AMD
>250GB hard drive
>DDR2
>ATI 4200

If it was a DESKTOP it would be bad for gaming. You would basically be cooking your lap after 20 minutes.

Get an iBUYPOWER for gaming. Cheap and effective.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Advice Dog said:
>Gateway
>AMD
>250GB hard drive
>DDR2
>ATI 4200

If it was a DESKTOP it would be bad for gaming. You would basically be cooking your lap after 20 minutes.

Get an iBUYPOWER for gaming. Cheap and effective.

Don't recommend him crap, iBUYPOWER is known to cheap out on parts and their computers always break down. They are know for their (poor) reliability, and nothing else.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cheap out on parts? You pick the parts and brands of the parts when you customize it online.

Break down? I've never heard that from a reliable source, and by reliable source I mean somebody that knows how to reseat ram without googling it. The computers tend to have parts knocked loose if you order with cheap shipping, though.

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nitrostemp said:
i think that its best to pay some somthing that is either prebuilt mac/dell or get one custom built

Mac or Dell = NO. If you have to go that route, HP's probably the best choice, but that's not saying much.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hachibei said:
nitrostemp said:
i think that its best to pay some somthing that is either prebuilt mac/dell or get one custom built

Mac or Dell = NO. If you have to go that route, HP's probably the best choice, but that's not saying much.
Brand doesn't matter as much as people want you to think it does.

People generally blame brand for three things.
[*]How well the computer runs.

Dell and HP and Apple and other companies don't "build" machines, they "assemble" them. They take core parts (like the processor / ram / graphics card / harddrive) from other companies that make them, put it all together (with their own cases and accessories) and sell the completed package to you. If you ever take a computer apart, you'll notice that the company names on the parts vary widely. There's a few companies that make ram, a few that make processors, a few that make harddrives, and so on and so forth.

So, for example, there's nothing that makes an HP processor better than a Dell processor... because there's no such thing. Dell and HP can both be using the same processors in their machines. So you can buy a Dell that kicks an HP's ass, and then turn around and buy an HP better than that Dell.

A big part of how well a computer runs is the software installed on it (specifically the drivers and programs like that). Most computer issues are software, have nothing to do with the brand itself, and can be permanently fixed with a little bit of effort.
General Computer Speedup/Maintenance.
That guide will show you how to properly fix most common computer issues, including slowdown, for free.

So if you want a faster computer, you should make sure to pick one with the right parts, and maintain it properly.
[*]How well the computer is physically built.

You get what you pay for. If you buy a company's lowest-end model and find that the case is made out of cheap plastic, it's because you paid for cheap plastic. If you buy a higher-end model and get a sturdy metal case, that's because some of the extra price went towards a metal case. You'll pay more for a computer that's built with better parts and more care, because it costs more for the better parts, and it costs more to have workers spend more time on it. Every computer manufacturer makes multiple lines of computers, and generally the "it fell apart" complaints are from people that bought the cheapest one.

So if you want a more sturdy computer, don't buy the cheapest models.
[*]Tech support.

As said above, you get what you pay for. The standard tech support is the foreign people because they are cheap. If you buy the better warranty/support package, then you're paying for the better support people. You have a better chance of getting somebody that knows what they're talking about and who can speak english (or your native language), because they cost more to hire.

So if you want better tech support, you should get the upgraded warranty/support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E