Is there still no way to control GameCube games in vWii using the WiiU gamepad?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
that's correct afaik. I think usb loader gx currently can only load cube games from an sd card. that's where my games are, and I know I've tested it. it does in fact work, and I'm pretty sure I read that wii games don't work, though never tested.
It was an intentional decision by the USB Loader GX devs, which I don't quite understand. Surely giving people more options is only a good thing, even if it doesn't work as well as running them from USB, for some people running Wii games from SD might still be a good option, or the only option.

Reactions: godreborn

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ya, If Nintendont is injected as forwarder in WiiU. Nintendont can only access SD Card. Its same with GX Loader, but Wii games can not be played on the Gamepad. Maybe exceptionally they have Classic Controller Support, because i know u can only play injected wii games with Pro Controller if the have this. There is also List for compatibilty WiiU VC Wii inject compatibility list

I found different tutorials they say the same for creating a forwarder and injecting. They are the only Methodes. No way to play them on WiiU Pad from inside vWii and this from USB.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...e-ps1-n64-games-from-the-wiiu-gamepad.489122/

on reddit - How to play Gamecube games on WiiU GamePad

https://cheapergamer.co.uk/wii-u-hacking-guide-part-3/

Last edited by Sypherone,

chronicchoof

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You've been able to create a Nintendont Forwarder that can access all your GC games from your SD card or USB drive, while still optionally playing with the GamePad for years at this point. I think I downloaded a channel of that from that old .iso site before it shut down like 3 years ago lol.
How do you load GC games from USB while using a Nintendont forwarder? My forwarder always says it can't open fat drive but loading Nintendont from vwii I have no problem accessing the hard drive.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you load GC games from USB while using a Nintendont forwarder? My forwarder always says it can't open fat drive but loading Nintendont from vwii I have no problem accessing the hard drive.
Well I honestly store all my GameCube games on my large SD card so that I don't have to swap the Wii U hard drive with the vWii hard drive. So I'm a bad person to ask your question. Having said that, USB loading shouldn't yield you any problems as far as I know, I do know you can't also have your Wii U USB drive in at the same time, maybe that's your issue?

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I haven't hacked my Wii U yet. I've hacked my Wii but am considering doing my Wii U.

So essentially I'd need to keep my games on an SD card and have a forwarder for USB loader GX?

And then for Wii and Wii U games have them installed to my Wii U HD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo