Hacking Is There Anyway To Play Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades?

matthewtc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i've done everything i can think of, and nothing has worked. i tried the "MaxCrassMethod", i tried just patching the arm7 file in DSLazy, i've even reformatted my DS-X a couple times. NOTHING HAS WORKED, i either get a white screen or a save error.

i know that the DS-X sucks. i hate it. but for the few DS games i've wanted to play, i've manged to (not without hassle) get them to work. i've gotten used to Arm7 patching, but i can't find anything that makes GH: Decades work.

any help is awesome, and appreciated.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe it has something to do with using the gba slot2?

Good luck, Xmas is around the corner, ask Santa for a CycloDs
yaynds.gif

matthewtc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrSpud said:
Maybe it has something to do with using the gba slot2?

Good luck, Xmas is around the corner, ask Santa for a CycloDs
yaynds.gif

i actually have the Guitar Grip from the first Guitar Hero DS. so i don't think it has anything to do with that. if i wasn't at all concerned about the DSi working with all the flashcarts on the market right now, i would have bought a CycloDS yesterday.

anywho, thanks for the reply.

Asaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a 1.1.3 update for the DSX floating around. It's not too difficult to get it installed, and it fixes a whole lot of games. Don't need ARM7 patch anymore for most (not all) games, and Guitar Hero runs at a normal framerate.

Don't bother with the 1.1.4 patch, it's actually a beta of 1.1.2 or something weird.

Unfortunately, I can't get Decades to run either =/ I keep finding threads that say you need to ARM7 patch it, but they all fail to mention which ARM7 you need. Sim City, Max whatever, and even On Tour don't work, they just glitch the game.

Tried searching at the DSX forums, but they're so dead, even the image for the captcha won't load, so I can't even search >_<

Edit: Found the problem. I tried recompiling it in DSLazy and GUI_ARM7 without changing the actual ARM7.BIN, and I get the exact same problem (white screen for a while, then glitched bottom screen)...so it's not that the ARM7 isn't working, it's that the ROM isn't getting recompiled properly.

Hmm...now, how to get around that is a seperate mystery altogether.

matthewtc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asaki said:
There's a 1.1.3 update for the DSX floating around. It's not too difficult to get it installed, and it fixes a whole lot of games. Don't need ARM7 patch anymore for most (not all) games, and Guitar Hero runs at a normal framerate.

Don't bother with the 1.1.4 patch, it's actually a beta of 1.1.2 or something weird.

Unfortunately, I can't get Decades to run either =/ I keep finding threads that say you need to ARM7 patch it, but they all fail to mention which ARM7 you need. Sim City, Max whatever, and even On Tour don't work, they just glitch the game.

Tried searching at the DSX forums, but they're so dead, even the image for the captcha won't load, so I can't even search >_<

Edit: Found the problem. I tried recompiling it in DSLazy and GUI_ARM7 without changing the actual ARM7.BIN, and I get the exact same problem (white screen for a while, then glitched bottom screen)...so it's not that the ARM7 isn't working, it's that the ROM isn't getting recompiled properly.

Hmm...now, how to get around that is a seperate mystery altogether.

thanks for the advice, i'll be sure to use 1.1.3 from now on.
unfortunately, i'm not the most technologically advanced DS homebrew-er around. but hopefully someone will be able to figure this out. as i'm sure there are enough DS-X users to warrant some work on this. (anyone?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1