Is there any way to get on eshop without unblocking the 5.4.0 update

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by quantumboy, Jun 17, 2015.

1. quantumboy
    OP

quantumboy Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    San Francisco, CA
    Is there any way to get on eshop without unblocking the 5.4.0 update

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    No, I doubt it! I don't think even blocking the actual update will give you access, you need to run the update first to access the e-shop second.

3. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    Much like with the 3DS you'll need a way of spoofing the system version to make it think you're up to date. Doing so will most certainly not be the same method that patching NIM on 3DS does. WiiU may handle things differently so it may not be as simple and might require more access then current exploits allow. Time will tell I guess. :P

4. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    u want to access the eshop (to get the the smash dlc correct?) you update otherwise keep waiting

5. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Can you still update smash bros itself, I remember I was able to do that before and stay on 5.3.2, do you just unblock everything/update smash/reblock?

6. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Can't say for sure since I'm not gonna update my 5.0.0 Wii U until kernel is confirmed working, but I'd imagine they'll let you function with games normally minus online. Click on it, it starts downloading update, and you can either wait or start the game as-is. Not sure if they're mean enough to make you update to download game updates (they do on 5.0.0 but newer versions would probably be more lenient).

7. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I tried it a couple of days ago and it wanted me to update the console. Damn, I can't even transfer things between my 3DS and my WiiU anymore! :glare:

But I'll wait and hope for hackings sake. Go you guys! If you have the time, of course. :-)

In the meantime I'll play Smash on the 3DS. It has much better stages anyway.