Homebrew Is there any way to dump 32MB save files from a legit cart?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine wants to rip his Jam With the Band (E) save from his actual game card, but we don't know of any applications that will rip the game's 32MB save file. Any help would be appreciated.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might try "NDS Adapter Plus". Though it isn't a DS homebrew, its an Computer USB device. Though there may ba a slot two Homebrew solution, though I just am not sure how reliable they are for newer games.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
^well even if you have that hardware... you might need some external programs for you to be able to dump the save file... like one provided by yasu... i think the ones from DBBDX (8mb sav) and WarioWare DIY (32mb sav).. im not really sure about JWTB though..

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
You might try "NDS Adapter Plus". Though it isn't a DS homebrew, its an Computer USB device. Though there may ba a slot two Homebrew solution, though I just am not sure how reliable they are for newer games.

...Considering that you can't get it outside of Japan, I don't think that's exactly an option, now is it?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
Sterl500 said:

...Considering that you can't get it outside of Japan, I don't think that's exactly an option, now is it?
Are you sure?
http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...lus-p-3018.html
(Out of stock at time of posting)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Neoflash make a similar device too, can't remember the exact name, but if you go on the NeoFlash website you may find it. However its not currently possible with just a DS and a flash cart, although in theory it should be possible with a slot-2 flashcart or over WiFi, just not with a slot-1 flash cart only.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
it's perfectly possible to do it with only a Slot 1 device, after all you can run small amounts of code on the DS without a device actually in the slot. (n.b. ARDS, clirc etc..)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
it's perfectly possible to do it with only a Slot 1 device, after all you can run small amounts of code on the DS without a device actually in the slot. (n.b. ARDS, clirc etc..)
Yeah, but with a 32MB save, and no storage device, there's no where for it to go. Only 4MB of RAM. Fine for small saves, but not for large ones. Hence what I said is true, you'd need either a slot-2 card, so both storage and game can be inserted at the same time, or else use WiFi to send the save to a computer. The only way to do it all with just a slot-1 card would be to make you swap to the game cart, dump the first 3.5MB (ish) of the game (remember the actual dumper needs to be in RAM too), then swap back to flashcart, save whats its dumped so far, swap to game again etc. Which would take ages and require swapping carts at least 15 times.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, sadly I'm not sure that any tool currently in existence supports 32MB saves regardless, I'm just speculating that it should be possible. Regardless, you may as well try using Reinmoon or Slot 2 NDS Backup Tool and make sure they don't work dumping a save to a slot-2 card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8