Gaming Is there any hope for the WII?

Darkflame.fire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all I want to make it very clear that i am a nintendo fanboy and would probably take a bullet for nintendo. But some of my friend's friends are freaking xbox 360 fandboys and they keep make fun of the wii and it just boils me inside and every time i try to protect the wii they start gaining up on me because of graphics, bad games, ect. So if you guys could help me at least a little on how to counter there insults

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have both a Wii and an XBOX 360. And I am very happy with both. I play action / multiconsole games on my XBOX, and the best of the Wii exclusives on my Wii (including some action games). My amount Wii games is greater than my amount XBOX 360 games.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
say to them how do you like still using discs the wii has evolved it doesn't even need them now with USB loader. than say your future victims of the rrod!
tongue.gif

4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
say to them how do you like still using discs the wii has evolved it doesn't even need them now with USB loader. than say your future victims of the rrod!
tongue.gif
You know modders have been doing HD loading for a long time on the 360, way before usb loader came out.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's very little you can do to convert a fanboy, that's WHY they're fanboys. If you enjoy playing your Wii then who gives a crap what they think?

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"playing with your Wii"....

Seriously though....
You can say:
Wii outsells any other console by twice as much
*just dont tell them it is 3rd as far as usage goes
nielsenvideogameconsoleusage.png

You can say:
There are a lot of great games for the Wii
*Just dont tell them about rankings
----
Using Metacritic

Using games that rank 75 point or higher (100 is max)

Playstation 2 - 536 games out of 1594 ....or 33% of the games
Playstation 3 - 136 games out of 300 ... 45% of the games
Xbox 360 - 223 out of 582 games .... 38% of the games
Xbox 1 - 339 out of 856 games ... 39% of the games
Wii - 71 out of 374 games ... 18% of the games
----

or point out games that look like this:
938642_20080207_screen012.jpg

You can say:
Wii caters to the EVERYONE factor
esrb.jpg

*just dont point out "everyone is 16 years old and under"
xbox 360, PS3 and PS2 are trying to hit all brackets evenly.
Lets clump E+10 into everyone as it isnt really TEEN

Like an attempt at 43% (average) for EVERYONE type games, 35% for TEENS, and 18% for Mature

Wii put 73% into EVERYONE, 19% into TEENS and 4% to Mature
*Mind you MATURE is 17+ not old fart

I am not sure if this helps but you know what to avoid and at least have some facts

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii made me buy a 360, I got fed up of the dire crap released on it so I bought a platform thats actually succeeding with quality games. Not to mention LIVE is a good service, some times its hard to turn back on something like that. I've owned my 360 less time than my wii and i have two to three times as many games.

If you want to defend your wii pride against a 360, quite simply they have you outgunned other than flaunting off its "homebrew" potential, you are stuck, don't bother. Even saying HURR U GET RROD means nothing because these days it means 2 weeks away and a months free xbox live gold time.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
i like wii exclusive games more than xbox 360 exclusive games... and it's cheaper and can be modded with homebrew anad stuff... ohh and the controls are futuristic
tongue.gif
... ohh also... xbox live is not free WTF?? wii's wfc is free... wii games are affordable... i prefer a wii

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dajavax said:
i like wii exclusive games more than xbox 360 exclusive games... and it's cheaper and can be modded with homebrew anad stuff... ohh and the controls are futuristic
tongue.gif
... ohh also... xbox live is not free WTF?? wii's wfc is free... wii games are affordable... i prefer a wii

First party and some 2nd party (i.e zelda, metroid prime, etc) wii games can't be beat in terms of quality but these days theyre going down the pan and all nintendo does is rehash last "generation" games with wii controls. Thats just shameless.

Even when the true "hardcore" titles hit they probably won't be anywhere near difficult as nintendo will simplify them for a "casual" audience which they wii is obviously serving so well.

Xbox live might not be free but the term "don't knock it till you've tried it" comes to mind, once you've used live you won't mind paying for it, the proof stands as even PS3 owners admit they'd pay for PSN if it was even half as close to being as good as live is. WFC is just horrible, how you can call it an online service is a farce.

Pricing is moot because these days theres like £5 inbetween a wii game and a 360 or PS3 game, which is just shocking considering how short and low quality most wii games are.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dajavax said:
wii's wfc is free

But it's crap. Everything about Nintendo's online service is garbage. Separate codes for each game and another for consoles? No voice chat? Crummy ass DLC games? No Gamerscore or Trophy system? Say what you will about Gamerscore or Trophies, but they add a lot of replay value to games that would otherwise be played and forgotten.

I'm sorry, but you get what you pay for when it comes to online services.

I have a Wii, I even tried to defend it. But it's gotten to the point where it's not even worth my time to pirate games for it.

Nintendo went for a niche audience and that's just what they got. Maybe next generation Nintendo will come out with something that's worth buying.

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dajavax said:
tongue.gif

Now there is a statement you can say to those 360 bullies.
Say it (make sure you say "and stuff" too - it adds to the effect) then when they look at each other in amazement - disappear into the crowd in the lunch room because if they do a rebuttal and say
Do you mean like Major Minors March or Mad World outshines all other fighting games?
Xbox 360 is 50 dollars cheaper than the Wii - although I think if you really look all over you can find cheaper prices
*I used amazon as a fair place as any
Homebrew on Wii saves it from being a total failure. It gives it abilities that should have been built in
The controls are unique but there are not too many games that utilize them for much more than a waggle
Xbox live isnt free - true but Wii doesnt match you up with players, or let you Download DEMO games to try before you buy, or watch online movies or connects to media center for any other content...so you get what you pay for
Wii games may be affordable but 20% of them (actually 18%) are considered GOOD based on magazine ratings so...again you get what you pay for

You can say "Homebrew gives Wii USB storage ability for games"
but they could say "nice, like copying 360 disks to it's hard drive. what else can you store on it? Movies, music?"

You can say "Mario Kart, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Mario Sluggers, Mario and Sonic at the olypmics, Mario vs Godzilla, Mario and the Temple of Doom, Mario does Dallas, Mario's doppleganger and the reverse image" are only available on the Wii
how can anyone respond to that?

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing wrong with the Wii , it was aimed at a completely different audience then the 360 or ps3 , in the areas the Wii wanted to succeed in it has ie FAMILY based general FUN rather than generic boring button mashing. I sold both my PS3 and 360 and used the money to upgrade my pc a little its a much better platform for the type of gaming that i like ie FPS , dont even bother trying to tell me FPS is good on the 360 because it isnt , in truth FPS is better suited to the Wii because of its control method and the ability to point and shoot rather than move a D pad with a 5 inch reticule on to hit boxes the size of the tv.

If your friends take the piss give them a slap, tell them to wake up.

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct - the Wii is targeting a different audience altogether
16 and under in general and family oriented and also female players
*no that is not a jab at chicks
Most 16 year olds and under dont care about streaming media for example. Then again most 360 users wouldnt even consider playing a demo (which Wii doesnt even offer) of games like:
Party Pigs: Farmyard Games
Carnival Fun
Major Minor
...ad nauseum
*If Wii did allow demos, it will kill sales of these games you have to admit. Then again if you are super religious or overly protective of what you want to play or have your kids play it could be a good thing to have a demo.
The Wii is great for its niche market. 360 and PS3 are great for their own markets

As far as generic boring button mashing games... I cant think of any on the 360. But Nintendo, you have to admit, just is milking the Mario scene for everything it has. I guess this is a good thing to some. Seems very "tunnel vision" to me

FPS on a PC is better then on any console but not every computer can be connected to a TV and you can play that game sitting on a couch with friends or in most cases, in co-op mode without another computer
Disaster is good on the Wii as FPS ... Resident Evil I dont consider FPS as you dont control walking but can control its cross hairs. The Hunting games - well - those didnt do "it" for me so if they keep your interest, then +10 for the Wii and you. Dead Rising - this is a good game but Wii vs 360? Are you saying Wii is more entertaining? Is it the missing scenes or the zombie poodles and parrots that make it more fun?

Stroganoff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Metroid Prime plays great if you set the controls to advanced: then the whole screen becomes your joystick, not just the edges. I think FPS reputation on the Wii got severely hindered by sticking to this idiotish default scheme with the boundaries.
I'm a PC player and despise Gamepads for FPS. But the Wii can do it right (also see the Quake 1 Wii homebrew release), being exciting, quick, precise and relaxing at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated