Gaming Is there any hope for the WII?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
exactly playing a fps with a gamepad sux i don't care what anyone says it sux and it will never be as more efficient as the wii mote or pc and mouse or even close to as accurate. their slow, bulky, inaccurate shit you use a gamepad to play games not to aim and shoot.

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have a pistle or rifle option....holding a rectagular box isnt 100% realistic for fps

Look - the Wii is great for what it is marketing for.....no doubt about it

Stroganoff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's wrong, because you don't get it. I'm not talking about realistic, I'm talking about good controls. Your plastic argument is invalid and I doubt that you ever played Metroid Prime in Advanced Control Mode.

btw I don't care about marketing, I don't spazz in front of the TV jumping behind the couch. I can play FPS on metroid in almost any comfortable position possible with supported wrists (i.e. not holding them in the air, I don't have to).

Some people will never be able to let go of the dual sticks though, they never developed the ability to do so.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Commadore64 said:
You can say "Mario Kart, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Mario Sluggers, Mario and Sonic at the olypmics, Mario vs Godzilla, Mario and the Temple of Doom, Mario does Dallas, Mario's doppleganger and the reverse image" are only available on the Wii
how can anyone respond to that?
I would assume the proper response is "All those games suck ass in comparison to Halo 3, Fable 2, and that JRPG, which are only available on the XBOX 360"
I heard Master Chief does Dallas pulled in some insane sales :I

Just remind them that you're more likely to get women you just met to play with your Wii than they will, sitting on XBOX Live pulling all nighters. Feel free to alter the intonation so the statement sounds more suggestive.

Really, a casual-gamer girl's going to more likely to play Wii Bowling or Mario Kart [hell, even Zelda] with her boyfriend and enjoy it than she would playing Halo 3 with some neckbeard in his mom's basement

If they have brains (which is unlikely) they'll respond with something like WELL IF GIRLS LIKE PLAYING ON IT WII MUST BE FOR GIRLS YOUR A GIRL AHAHAHA FAG then just say something clever, like "at least I don't gotta pay for online" or just bludgeon them with a wii remote

edit: 100th post \o/

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look... pick any game on the wii (I can already sense mario whatever or Zelda or whatever). The games plainly suck.
Ok... do this... like on this board (a nintendo dominated site) and see how many people complain about the wii. You can exclude me.
Now go to any other site and see if they show as much disappointment at those system as it is admitted here.

Any of your "Wii remotes are gods penis incarnate" is what you believe is the greatest thing about the Wii, there is no way I can change your opinion.
Harping on Metroid Prime is ok but name like...I dunno 3 other great game that Wii remote is "awesome" with? Quake 1 on the Wii? Mmmmm ok, again homebrew save Wii where as an N produced failed...and also a game from like 10 years ago. How about Boom Blox? There is a cute game, gotta stop those teddy bears from attacking - thank god they got Steven Speilbergs name on there or that can go in the Big lots Video Game section. Major Minor - another hit. I am sure to buy that for my.. neightbors..no...sister..no here kids..no..well...umm... well it uses Wiimotes so it got to be cool.

Marketing...well it has a lot to do with it - but your not interested (maybe cannot comprehend it) so statistics dont matter then, huh?

Now - this fixation with Halo 3 and thats the only game on xbox... seems like no homework was done on your part at all. But I can see how my reference to "mario this" and "super mario that" is a little onesided. However if you eliminate all games with the word MARIO in it and a ZELDA character (SSBB), what games stick out? Before MADWORLD and Tatsunoko vs Capcom, the general consensus was "Wii is a better system, fighting games are for those others"... then they came out and then these are the crown jewels of fighting games on wii.
I would bet that Street Fighter on 360 or PS3 would have more of an audience than Tatsunoko vs Capcom - a few may go "hey, isnt that the battle of the planets guys on there?" and draw someone to play it.

It you cannot read statistics on actual play (not sales) you see the Wii is not #1....go figure, huh?

And as far as Romeo-kosheh with luring girls to his house to play wii bowling and zelda... you will keep "shaking that wii of yours for a long time" if you think that is gonna continue your romance for a long time.

Free online... does your free online get you movies/trailers or demos of games or video/voice messaging or adjust the look of the Wii front end? 360 does.
*text messaging is on the wii... I forgot about that.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have had lot's of girls in my house, that wanted to play with the wii...
Can't say that about guys with an xbox360, can you?
smileipb2.png

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I can say that girls come over and play on the 360. One loves popcap arcade and Namco arcade, championship pacman to be specific. Another one love burnout paradise. Then sometimes we download a movie from video market place or from netflix and have dinner and a movie. Can the wii do that?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Commadore64 said:
Yes I can say that girls come over and play on the 360. One loves popcap arcade and Namco arcade, championship pacman to be specific. Another one love burnout paradise. Then sometimes we download a movie from video market place or from netflix and have dinner and a movie. Can the wii do that?
Sure, there are arcade emulators, and some pretty good mediaplayers for the wii.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
If this was a year ago, I would come up with insults for you like the wii has wii fit or something, but the wii was the reason I got a 360. The wii has smash bros and galaxy. THAT'S IT.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
If this was a year ago, I would come up with insults for you like the wii has wii fit or something, but the wii was the reason I got a 360. The wii has smash bros and galaxy. THAT'S IT.
A true uneducated troll response.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Dongdrian said:
triassic911 said:
A true uneducated troll response.
Lol, you caught me. wii fit wasn't out a year ago!

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Darkflame.fire said:
First of all I want to make it very clear that i am a nintendo fanboy and would probably take a bullet for nintendo. But some of my friend's friends are freaking xbox 360 fandboys and they keep make fun of the wii and it just boils me inside and every time i try to protect the wii they start gaining up on me because of graphics, bad games, ect. So if you guys could help me at least a little on how to counter there insults
Stop loving Nintendo, and start loving videogames in general. Defending one console and attacking the others is dumb.

My advice? Buy/borrow a 360 and enjoy its games, and tell your friends to do the same for the Wii. Play multiplayer Gears of War with them, then invite them for Mario Kart multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended