Hacking Is there any clear evidence that Gateway really put in a killcode in their launcher?

oooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have read so far, people said that there is a killcode because the r4i and region free launcher users bricked at about the same time and some other reasons. So I wanted to know if the killcode has been found yet and what are the conditions for it to activate since if it really is time wouldn't all the r4i users got bricked by now?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From what I have read so far, people said that there is a killcode because the r4i and region free launcher users bricked at about the same time and some other reasons. So I wanted to know if the killcode has been found yet and what are the conditions for it to activate since if it really is time wouldn't all the r4i users got bricked by now?
The kill code (at least the first one) got discovered and from what I heared here it gets activated if
-The Checksum isn't right
-a random number dependend on the time is generated
-You exit EmuNAND

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This portion is more speculative based, but based on earlier announcements from the team, they have alluded to some event happening in the case that a user continues using the cloned software. Either that or I suck at reading between the lines.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see it now, a bunch of axe gangs going around posting on the scene forums. I would think they would have something better to do, like sharpening their axes.

Reactions: 1 person

Axel Killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im waiting for mines to brick so i can expermit on it i know how to solder and read schematics but so far i didnt get bricked at all :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1