Hacking Is there an m3 rumble pack without gba, or only 1 pack they make?

cbowling816

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I know I will get a supercard when I get a 3ds xl

But, I still want something for my ds lite for both ds and gba (gba I want RTC for pokemon)

so I debate on picking up the M3 bundle pack then selling my R4 Revolution (no sdhc) and EZ-Flash 3in1 to my cousin

but i want to make sure it will suit me and my lite first.

so, Only 1 version of M3 Rumble Pack? or do some have no GBA?

and alternate firmware on the M3 Real, or not?

also using M3 Real + GBA Expansion, does this combo allow for action replay codes in gba?

any features M3 Real has that R4 doesnt? (im guessing yes)

any features R4 has that M3 Real doesnt? (im guessing no)

thanks

-cbowling

*Edit* would I be better off keeping my R4 Revolution (only 2gb but has wood) and selling my cousin the M3 Real + EZ-Flash 3in1?

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There is a rumble pack which just provides rumble and then there's the GBA Expansion Pack which does not provide rumble but allows you to play GBA games.

The only additional feature of the m3 that I know of is the real time save function.

If you don't have the m3 already I wouldn't recommend buying one. If you were to buy an m3i zero it's almost definite that you won't be able to run alternative firmware. If you buy an m3 real then it won't be usable on anything but a Ds phat or lite, that's if you can even find one. The ez 3 in 1 and r4 seems like the obvious choice since you already own it and you're planning on buying a supercard dstwo for your 3DS.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 1 version of M3 Rumble Pack? or do some have no GBA? There are 2 versions. Rumble+Ram has no GBA functionality. M3 expansion pack HAS GBA support. And there's a stand alone ruble pack too.

and alternate firmware on the M3 Real, or not? Yes, use filetrip.net M3 section

Using M3 Real + GBA Expansion, does this combo allow for action replay codes in gba? Yes, it does.

any features M3 Real has that R4 doesnt? (im guessing yes) You guessed right, for info go here www.m3adapter.com

any features R4 has that M3 Real doesnt? (im guessing no) Wrong, it has the support of the Wood kernel. For more info go here www.r4ds.me

thanks

-cbowling

*Edit* would I be better off keeping my R4 Revolution (only 2gb but has wood) and selling my cousin the M3 Real + EZ-Flash 3in1? It's really up to you.
Read above.

cbowling816

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so what about Wood R4 for M3?

also I would like to do action replay on gba, but not a main selling point.

but a selling point of the m3 gba expansion is the RTC for Pokemon so i will definately get at least the gba expansion

but maybe gba expansion and another r4 then sell r4 and ez-flash to my cousin.

but as long as i can basically do the same stuff with m3 real as i can with r4 the added support for sdhc would be nice along with the gba action replay

suggestions?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so what about Wood R4 for M3? It's not up to date. Garboros does the YS Memu+Wood frontend (much better)

also I would like to do action replay on gba, but not a main selling point. I already answered this question. :blink:

but a selling point of the m3 gba expansion is the RTC for Pokemon so i will definately get at least the gba expansion Right...

but maybe gba expansion and another r4 then sell r4 and ez-flash to my cousin. OK, but you wont have GBA cheats.

but as long as i can basically do the same stuff with m3 real as i can with r4 the added support for sdhc would be nice along with the gba action replay Right...

suggestions? M3 Real works with M3 GBA expansion best and will allow cheats. R4 with the M3 GBA Expansion will NOT allow GBA cheats. Buy the Real w/ GBA Expansion.
Read above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first...