Hardware Is there a Wii equivalent of the R4?

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I'm considering modding my Wii, but all of the available options seem lame and underdeveloped. The compatibility with games is rather low, and they all require soldering, or at least endangering your Wii through installation. Plus I've heard things about Paper Mario bricking Wiis...

I've looked around, and while I don't know exactly how the Wii mods work, is there something like the R4 for the Wii? That being, something that's easy to use, idiotproof, highly compatible and affordable?

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
no something is not possible

and iv you think abot that
in the next days a system called VAST will be rleeased on PS2, its a mod insode a memory card

so think about when the PS2 got released and think about it how ling it could take on wii
the wii will be much harded cause the system is encrypted

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The compatibility is not low. All games from your own region work and many good games from other regions work.
The bricking caused by Paper Mario is because of region overriding, it installs an update meant for US consoles, so if you have an EU console with a lower firmware, it'll install the newer US update and brick your system.

So if you just stay with your own region, compatibility is 100% and bricking by updates will not happen either.

squeakypants

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only non-region-based incompatibility is the audio fix for some GC games. There's a list on the wiki. However, if your chip has the audio fix (or if you have a Wiikey, the update is coming soon) then they'll work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill