Is there a Wii equivalent of the R4?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by cutter, Aug 23, 2007.

Aug 23, 2007
  1. cutter
    OP

Newcomer cutter Advanced Member

United States
    Hi.

I'm considering modding my Wii, but all of the available options seem lame and underdeveloped. The compatibility with games is rather low, and they all require soldering, or at least endangering your Wii through installation. Plus I've heard things about Paper Mario bricking Wiis...

I've looked around, and while I don't know exactly how the Wii mods work, is there something like the R4 for the Wii? That being, something that's easy to use, idiotproof, highly compatible and affordable?

2. elomaniak

Member elomaniak GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    no something is not possible

and iv you think abot that
    in the next days a system called VAST will be rleeased on PS2, its a mod insode a memory card

so think about when the PS2 got released and think about it how ling it could take on wii
    the wii will be much harded cause the system is encrypted

3. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    The compatibility is not low. All games from your own region work and many good games from other regions work.
    The bricking caused by Paper Mario is because of region overriding, it installs an update meant for US consoles, so if you have an EU console with a lower firmware, it'll install the newer US update and brick your system.

So if you just stay with your own region, compatibility is 100% and bricking by updates will not happen either.

4. squeakypants

Newcomer squeakypants Member

United States
    The only non-region-based incompatibility is the audio fix for some GC games. There's a list on the wiki. However, if your chip has the audio fix (or if you have a Wiikey, the update is coming soon) then they'll work.

5. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    stop talking bs