Homebrew Is there a way we can restore his old data?

Linkboy007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey my friend's 3ds is broken so he bought a new one... all his save data is rip... we have his SD Data with the saves... Is there a way we can transfer them to the new sd structure? His old structure has the name "01b96882c2539a14f3aea32b1f166556" and his new structure "bf1d1a6628af71db85488cb511bee354"

Last edited by Linkboy007,

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The only solution i could think of is by using jksm to backup the saves and restore it to the new console, which you need to do it on the old one, so i don't think you can.
Other people might have a solution though.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your refeering to the content of the "Nintendo 3DS Folder" No. the contents are signed with an ID and key unique to the system at that time before a format would of been done much less a diffrent console.

Linkboy007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if your refeering to the content of the "Nintendo 3DS Folder" No. the contents are signed with an ID and key unique to the system at that time before a format would of been done much less a diffrent console.
Isn't there a way to decrypt and encrypt this?

Linkboy007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but what about hex editing the files? by searching manually the difference between the saves ^^ He just wants his 300 + hours in monster hunter generations back :(

Linkboy007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but what about hex editing the files? by searching manually the difference between the saves ^^ He just wants his 300 + hours in monster hunter generations back :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do not bump your own thread, especially within the first minute
huh no it was a accident ^^" The new layout confuses me :/ I'm sorry I clicked the wrong button

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

huh no it was a accident ^^" The new layout confuses me :/ I'm sorry I clicked the wrong button
No big deal. Also, there is no way to decrypt those saves atm unless you generated some nand xorpads before the 3ds broke. Sorry man, i had the same exact issue. The saves are encrypted per 3ds.

Linkboy007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well shiat :/ oh man... Not even a single save file? I have monster hunter gen installed on my 3ds could'nt I restore the 00000001.sav on my 3ds and sys transfer then ? :c

He said he has his old mainboard can we read out his decryption key with it? And than sys transfer all his stuff?

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well shiat :/ oh man... Not even a single save file? I have monster hunter gen installed on my 3ds could'nt I restore the 00000001.sav on my 3ds and sys transfer then ? :c

He said he has his old mainboard can we read out his decryption key with it? And than sys transfer all his stuff?
MIGHT be able to if you swap boards but that can be just as risky as a hardmod.(which you should be able to generate xorpads if done but if the old 3DS simply died because of other componets and not the mainboard going up in smoke yes you could swap to recover things. or atleast long enough to generate the xorpads you'd need.

Linkboy007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The main thing that's broken is the touchscreen the o3ds works properly but he can't move in sys menu... that's why he can't do a sys transfer... the connector on the mainboard fell off and the technicians' failed to resolder it

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main thing that's broken is the touchscreen the o3ds works properly but he can't move in sys menu... that's why he can't do a sys transfer... the connector on the mainboard fell off and the technicians' failed to resolder it
its possibel your going to haveto run it Blind then if it works but it IS Possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing