Hacking Is There a Way to Play .CSO's?

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, so when i was formatting my DVD-RW, it said that it had 4.38 GB. After the format was done, it had 4.20 GB. I was like, WTH. So I need to compress a Mario Kart Wii . ISO (which is 4.37 GB) just a few MB's back. How can you do this? And could you make the .CSO back into a .ISO without making it back to its original size? And the Title+Description? Thanks again my fellow Tempers...

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Ignore me
tongue.gif

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaDownloadMan said:
Well, so when i was formatting my DVD-RW, it said that it had 4.38 GB. After the format was done, it had 4.20 GB. I was like, WTH. So I need to compress a Mario Kart Wii . ISO (which is 4.37 GB) just a few MB's back. How can you do this? And could you make the .CSO back into a .ISO without making it back to its original size? And the Title+Description? Thanks again my fellow Tempers...

Why are you formatting your DVD-RW? Just erase it and try your burn again. You only need to format if you're going to use packet writing or something via the OS, not burning an ISO. Unless Mario Kart is dual layer, it should fit just fine.

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
DaDownloadMan said:
I'm thinking you've hacked your PSP, huh? I don't believe Wiis can play .CSOs, instead they have scrubbed .ISOs which means all the superfluous data is erased therefore shrinking the game size... and also cISO.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WiiBricker said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
uloader loads these

Yes but only with an external USB DVD Drive. He did not mention this

Nope works for both, internal drive reads disc full of ciso fine. Bar owners with new drives.

From the readme

- DVD: You can burn a .ciso image directly on a DVD (on Nero "All files, burn as "mode 1" "2048 bytes" per sector )

Also you can create a DVD in UDF format from Nero UDF (UDF Only) or using Ultraiso, no directories, no superfluous files with a max of 8 .ciso files as the current UDF support implemented is very limited. It works on a USB DVD and also on the internal DVD drive (if your console supports it, sorry black wii owners).

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
i didnt think the wii could read a dvd-rw just burn it to a normal disc
I think RWs are even less reflective than a normal writable disc, and my wii has a hard time with DVD-Rs unless i burn them super slow, so i dont think an RW would work.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tHciNc said:
WiiBricker said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
uloader loads these

Yes but only with an external USB DVD Drive. He did not mention this

Nope works for both, internal drive reads disc full of ciso fine. Bar owners with new drives.

From the readme

- DVD: You can burn a .ciso image directly on a DVD (on Nero "All files, burn as "mode 1" "2048 bytes" per sector )

Also you can create a DVD in UDF format from Nero UDF (UDF Only) or using Ultraiso, no directories, no superfluous files with a max of 8 .ciso files as the current UDF support implemented is very limited. It works on a USB DVD and also on the internal DVD drive (if your console supports it, sorry black wii owners).

Yes, but only on DVD-R or DVD+Rs. The Wii's Drive cannot read DVD-RWs at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-