Homebrew Is there a way to know if your console is flagged?

Kyolet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I got my 2nd Switch around 2 weeks ago which happens to be modded by the previous owner.
When I received it, Tinfoil was already installed onto the home menu on sysnand
I asked the previous owner and he said he has tried opening Tinfoil whilst connected to wifi to install apps but gave up, also has no NAND backups
I panicked and wiped it with Haku33 and created an emunand + installed exosphere etc etc
Today I tried booting into Sysnand to see if I was banned but the eshop loads fine and I was able to pre-download Splatoon 3
Am I safe? Am I flagged and will be banned eventually?

naed06

Trophies
XP
Country
No way currently that I know of to tell if your flagged for banning

Maybe you’ll be lucky and avoid being banned but only time will tell - as with any cfw on the switch it all comes with the possibility of ban

Reactions: KingBlank

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing nsps is a big nono, that said installing homebrew nsps is seemingly safer than say installing a pirated game.
def wouldn't risk it, but there are cases on this site where ppl have retroarch on sysnand homescreen and havent been banned in years.

so who knows, maybe youll be fine. but good thing the previous owner was so clueless on how to use tinfoil.

Reactions: gouki99 and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you could use Haku33 or similar tools to get a "clean" console, but the best is read the guide on avoid become banned on https://gbatemp.net/threads/avoid-getting-banned.608201/

The only real way to tell if you are banned is try to logon on Nintendo official store and if you are banned you get an error.

The ban is on big N servers so you can not get a list of banned consoles, and you cannot check local on console for the ban.

engagex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
The only one that knows your console is flagged or not is ninty, your best bet is to follow safety practices that shared by impeeza above. Good luck.

Edit : the first time i bought my switch its came pre modded with sxos, and unfortunately the seller didn't make any nand backup prior to cfw process back then, and there still no emunand. So i wiped my nand using hactool im forget which folder need to delete,maybe haku33 can automatically wiping cfw footprint. That's was almost 5 years ago , still no ban

Last edited by engagex,
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_