Hacking Help I am new in the scene

JMMZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everybody I am waiting for the delivery of my first switch, is a lite model with a picofly, the pre owner told me that he did the magic before selling it, he set the sysnand and emunand with everything, my question is if that sysnand is clean, he says that after hacking the switch he just used the emunand to set everything, he hasn't has the sysnand backup and I would like to have both systems so I can go online but if what he says it's true there shouldn't be a risk of ban right ?

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always a risk of the ban hammer coming down with nin+əndo and running unsigned code in their hardware. Less likely when using emummc (CFW emulated nand) for unsigned code than using OFW.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always a risk of the ban hammer coming down with nintendo and running unsigned code in their hardware. Less likely when using emummc (CFW emulated nand) for unsigned code than using OFW.
Much less likely, actually. Keeping your SysNAND completely clean (harder than you think apparently) means that Nintendo barely sees your console to ban it. And if your EmuNAND gets banned you can just make a new one/keep it for homebrew because usually SysNAND is what people use for Online. Also sorry for the rant

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much less likely, actually. Keeping your SysNAND completely clean (harder than you think apparently) means that Nintendo barely sees your console to ban it. And if your EmuNAND gets banned you can just make a new one/keep it for homebrew because usually SysNAND is what people use for Online. Also sorry for the rant
How annoying, must you always be correct over me? Check that ego my guy 🤙🏽

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Since emummc has the same serial/prodinfo as sysmmc I am pretty sure that a emummc ban will also affect sysmmc meaning the entire Switch will be.banned. So you can't just make a new emummc that is not banned

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since emummc has the same serial/prodinfo as sysmmc I am pretty sure that a emummc ban will also affect sysmmc meaning the entire Switch will be.banned. So you can't just make a new emummc that is not banned
I thought EmuMMC hid the serial anyway? If you were correct EmuMMC would be a waste of SD space
Post automatically merged:

How annoying, must you always be correct over me? Check that ego my guy 🤙🏽
I was only trying to show that EmuMMCs are actually very useful

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. Once your console gets banned, then its impossible to go back. If you hear somebody say that you can unban your Switch, then they're just bullshitting.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I thought EmuMMC hid the serial anyway? If you were correct EmuMMC would be a waste of SD space
Serial is only hidden in EmuMMC if you actively do it with exosphere or incognito
EmuMMC is very useful and not a waste of space if you use it correctly. Use it offline (blocking Nintendo servers) and with a hidden serial for homebrew and "unofficial" games. Then use SysMMC normally for officially purchased games where you can go online. That way you can have both.on the same console and minimize the risk of getting banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto