Gaming Is there a way to get one copy of a game on 2 3ds from eshop with out buying to copy's?

kingwoody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds and my brother has one. i use my club nintendo on my 3ds and my brothers 3ds. he bought fire emblem from eshop and I would like to know is there a way I can download the game my brother bought. I know there is the transfer thing you can do bought my brother is still playing the game I just want to know is there a way he can keep a copy on his 3ds and I can keep a copy on my 3ds or do I have to buy a copy?

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you can only transfer a maximum of 5 times, so don't think you'll just transfer the games whenever one or the other wants to play it. Not to mention that if two 3DS systems have the same game, the duplicates just disappear.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry to say, but you cant do that.

i think its still consensus for all consoles that game sharing works only with a retail copy.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a work around, but you may not want to do it. But basically call in and say your old 3DS is broke, get new download code to reclaim all your games after giving serial number. Then never connect to shop again with old 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok