Hardware Is There a way to extract mhg save data................

wickedj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is There a way to extract mhg save data from my sd card from my computer since i can no longer access homebrew?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is some wicked deja vu. My first thread was about the very same thing ;) /off topic
Anyway, OP, no. Unfortunately, saves (and anything on the SD card) are encrypted in a console-unique fashion.
Now that I think about it, how do userland save managers work? I know they're launched under the title to extract/import, so does that mean the save gets decrypted for it?

wickedj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure i am pretty new to this but i was using a monster hunter generation save extractor on homebrew but im a newb so i updated

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is some wicked deja vu. My first thread was about the very same thing ;) /off topic
Anyway, OP, no. Unfortunately, saves (and anything on the SD card) are encrypted in a console-unique fashion.
Now that I think about it, how do userland save managers work? I know they're launched under the title to extract/import, so does that mean the save gets decrypted for it?
(note, this is probably way off) tl;dr homebrew "launches" the target game which causes the ds to decrypt everything for you. Then you just go from there. I got most of this from the twlsavetool homebrew app, which required you to have dream radar/poke transporter back in the early stages.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(note, this is probably way off) tl;dr homebrew "launches" the target game which causes the ds to decrypt everything for you. Then you just go from there. I got most of this from the twlsavetool homebrew app, which required you to have dream radar/poke transporter back in the early stages.
Yeah, that's what I was saying.
Oh, BTW, TWLSaveTool works in userland because it takes over Dream Radar/Transporter, which have access to a special command (I forget its name) made specifically for it to access TWL/NTR save data. Obviously, in CFW we can just call it directly under a CIA.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

wickedj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the answers.

I need to find out how to get a lower version n3ds my search today at all my local gamestops was futile all the used ones i got to look at where 11.0

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^This, Homebrew is an absolute necessity
TLDR; We make the system decrypt the folders with save data and extract the save data for our usage. We can't decrypt them on computers because the system has information that we don't.

And this was an edit btw, (saying for the post below)

Last edited by Ricken,
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

TheMynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just edited that, I misread and understood he had homebrew access instead of he doesn't have homebrew access, my bad!

Reactions: Ricken

jeovani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alguien me puede pasar un save full de mosnter hunter generation perdi mi save junto con mi 3ds y no quiero empezar de cero otra ves por favor ayúdenme

jeovani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we are a English speaking forum please speak it.
Can someone pass me a full save from mosnter hunter generation I lost my save along with my 3ds and I don't want to start from scratch again please help me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

help please i would really appreciate it is for

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the save I need is for monster hunter generation 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative