Is There a way to extract mhg save data................

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by wickedj, Sep 16, 2016.

1. wickedj
    OP

wickedj Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    Is There a way to extract mhg save data from my sd card from my computer since i can no longer access homebrew?

2. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Wow, this is some wicked deja vu. My first thread was about the very same thing ;) /off topic
    Anyway, OP, no. Unfortunately, saves (and anything on the SD card) are encrypted in a console-unique fashion.
    Now that I think about it, how do userland save managers work? I know they're launched under the title to extract/import, so does that mean the save gets decrypted for it?

3. wickedj
    OP

wickedj Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    not sure i am pretty new to this but i was using a monster hunter generation save extractor on homebrew but im a newb so i updated

4. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Well, there is no way to edit it on a computer, unfortunately. RIP :(

5. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    (note, this is probably way off) tl;dr homebrew "launches" the target game which causes the ds to decrypt everything for you. Then you just go from there. I got most of this from the twlsavetool homebrew app, which required you to have dream radar/poke transporter back in the early stages.

6. Swiftloke

Swiftloke Hwaaaa!

Jan 26, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Yeah, that's what I was saying.
    Oh, BTW, TWLSaveTool works in userland because it takes over Dream Radar/Transporter, which have access to a special command (I forget its name) made specifically for it to access TWL/NTR save data. Obviously, in CFW we can just call it directly under a CIA.

ih8ih8sn0w likes this.
  7. wickedj
    OP

wickedj Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    Ok thanks for the answers.

I need to find out how to get a lower version n3ds my search today at all my local gamestops was futile all the used ones i got to look at where 11.0

8. TheMynx

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    No, it isn't possible without homebrew

Last edited by TheMynx, Sep 16, 2016
  9. Ricken

Ricken So long, and goodnite / So long, not goodnite

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    ^This, Homebrew is an absolute necessity
    TLDR; We make the system decrypt the folders with save data and extract the save data for our usage. We can't decrypt them on computers because the system has information that we don't.

And this was an edit btw, (saying for the post below)

Last edited by Ricken, Sep 16, 2016
    ih8ih8sn0w likes this.
  10. TheMynx

TheMynx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2016
    Belgium
    I just edited that, I misread and understood he had homebrew access instead of he doesn't have homebrew access, my bad!

Ricken likes this.