Hardware Is there a way to bypass eShop to deregister a primary console?

islander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I've just gotten myself a new Switch Lite, alongside my original Switch to play online games and playing around with CFW separately without my account getting banned.

Here's the gist of my situation: my brother has set his account on my original hacked Switch, in which he bought games in (namely, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe), but I do not personally own them, I them asked him to link his account to my new Switch Lite which he did, so that I could play Mario Kart 8 on my Switch Lite. This is when I discovered the "primary console" system. The problem was that in order for my account on the Switch Lite to play my brother's games, he would need to deregister the aforementioned hacked switch, and then set the Switch Lite as his main console.

The funny thing is, the moment I tried getting into the eShop, I got banned, despite not playing any games online on CFW, and previously changing my DNS to block updates with Nintendo (I knew there were still risks, since the banning flags for a Switch are as clear as mud, though I still tried to be somewhat reasonable, but oh well).

In conclusion, I need to get access to the eShop to deregister my brother's account off of my hacked Switch for him to set my Switch Lite as the main one. Is there another way to deregister the console or is my bro's account forever locked in Nintendo legal ninja hell?

tl;dr: I want to deregister my Switch but I can't access the eShop, asking to see if there's any alternative.

islander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You would need a new switch to register that switch as primary without deregistering the other one.
Well, that's the thing, you can't do that:
WIN_20210910_23_24_30_Pro.jpg

I normally need to get access from my hacked console, but since I'm banned, I can't access to the eShop, therefore the primary console status is locked forever, I just want to know whether I'm doomed or if there's any other way to deregister other than going through Nintendo Online...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's the thing, you can't do that:
View attachment 275461

I normally need to get access from my hacked console, but since I'm banned, I can't access to the eShop, therefore the primary console status is locked forever, I just want to know whether I'm doomed or if there's any other way to deregister other than going through Nintendo Online...

sound like you got a system ban not an account ban, so you can login into your account on a different switch and set that as primary.

islander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, thank you so much! It sucks that I had to ask into a forum to actually find this info... anyway, Nintendo sucks, and I'm buying everything related to them as used.

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried deregistering thru nintendo website, after clicking deregister primary console, it asked me for my nintendo password, after submitting, I was taken to a page could not be found. I don't even know what console is set as my primary as it doesn't show on my old N3DSXL, and my recently replaced NSOLED (because the 3day old OLED had Orange screen of death) which I'm suspecting was set as my primary. Now my purchase NSOLED game can't be played by another user (my kids) since the one I have now is a replacement (brand new) NS OLED. What a bummer!

mr_switch

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I tried deregistering thru nintendo website, after clicking deregister primary console, it asked me for my nintendo password, after submitting, I was taken to a page could not be found. I don't even know what console is set as my primary as it doesn't show on my old N3DSXL, and my recently replaced NSOLED (because the 3day old OLED had Orange screen of death) which I'm suspecting was set as my primary. Now my purchase NSOLED game can't be played by another user (my kids) since the one I have now is a replacement (brand new) NS OLED. What a bummer!
Try contacting Nintendo support directly via email, they can force unlink & deregister from their end

[email protected]

Reactions: binkinator

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can also use this as a way to have two primary consoles if you’re happy to keep one offline. I did it to give my cousin access to Animal Crossing on his Switch at launch since his copy got delayed in the post.

Reactions: KiiWii

DonPaulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
take this with a grain of salt, afaik it's VERY rare to get an account ban when it comes to exploited systems, most likely it's just a sys ban. Like what everyone says above, do try to contact ninty of your region :) Wish you the best!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If you don't have access to the primary console, you can deactivate a console from your Nintendo Account remotely; however, this can only be done once per year." :O

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I managed to do it. Well it's not that my primary was banned or something. It just it had the Orange light of death so It was replaced. But I forgot to deregister. So what didn't work:

1. using your new console's de-register button to do it. Tried it over and over.
2. Contacted nintendo support via there email and chat (didn't work for me at least in my region)
3. De-registering using your primary console via nintendo account online. (I used a laptop on chrome browser after clicking the de-register choice on the llinked list, it just keeps on saying page could not be loaded with mario's Toad character on the screen so it's not the default 404 on your internet server)

What worked:

1. De-register your primary console via nintendo account online VIA using your phone. Yeah it's that weird. My phone connects to my home wifi and the browser is a typical chrome browser on an android phone. Worked like a charm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro