Is there a new generation Ipod Touch announced?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sanderino
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,823
  • Replies Replies 20

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
773
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
Age
32
Location
the Netherlands
Website
Visit site
XP
237
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

Well, Friday I'm finished with working. And I was thinking to buy an Ipod Touch for it. But I don't know if the new generation Ipod Touches is announced.
Can someone tell me and give me his opinion on still buying it?
 
I heard there was a new generation, it'll probably be over priced with just having minor upgrades, you might as well buy a 3rd/2nd generation iPod.
 
I'd check to see what the best hackable version is and go with that one. Thats why I ended up with a 5.5 over the classic. I'll do the same thing when I get a touch.
 
Hardkaare said:
The newest iPod Touch is the 16gb and 32gb, which came out in September.

All versions are fully hackable, and I expect the next iPod to come out in September aswell.

I heard the 16 GB Ipod isn't for sale anymore.
frown.gif

But But jailbreaking has its cons too hasn't it?

QUOTE(giratina16 @ May 5 2010, 02:40 PM) I heard there was a new generation, it'll probably be over priced with just having minor upgrades, you might as well buy a 3rd/2nd generation iPod.

Hehe true, because the 16GB isn't for sale anymore, I'm buying a 32 GB iPod for 250 euros. I listen to much music and stuff so an 8GB won't do.
 
the latest generation is the 3rd generation. It has 3 versions, 8, 32 and 64GB. It has been taken apart by a bloke and he found an FM-reciever/transmitter, WIFI-N compatible chip and a socket for a camera, and more RAM memory. All of these things aren't used (yet) by the current firmware. Beware that this is only the case on the 32 and 64GB models. The 8gb model is, in essence, just a 2G with better firmware and the 3g number smashed on it. It has no advantages.

Some stores will still sell you the 16gb model, like mediamarkt for example, but that's the 2g, so beware of that.

Personally, i'd spend my money on something else that's a portable media player or just wait for the new Iphone. Usually the new ipod touch is expected a little while after the new iphones, or so i've heard.
 
Sanderino said:
Hardkaare said:
The newest iPod Touch is the 16gb and 32gb, which came out in September.

All versions are fully hackable, and I expect the next iPod to come out in September aswell.

I heard the 16 GB Ipod isn't for sale anymore.
frown.gif

But But jailbreaking has its cons too hasn't it?

QUOTE(giratina16 @ May 5 2010, 02:40 PM) I heard there was a new generation, it'll probably be over priced with just having minor upgrades, you might as well buy a 3rd/2nd generation iPod.

Hehe true, because the 16GB isn't for sale anymore, I'm buying a 32 GB iPod for 250 euros. I listen to much music and stuff so an 8GB won't do.

Sorry my bad...

The 16GB is no longer sold becuase its a 2nd generation.

The 3rd generation iPod Touch comes in 32gb and 64gb models.

You should go with the 32GB since you got alot of music, and you will be able to use the upcoming OS 4.0 update aswell.


Also the only cons of jailbreaking I know is:

- Installing some packages can slowdown your iPod.

- It's somewhat illegal, so make sure you restore if you are gonna send it to repair.

- As i mentioned above It's somewhat illegal, so showing it at an Apple store ect. wouch be a bad idea.
 
scrtmstr said:
It has been taken apart by a bloke and he found an FM-reciever/transmitter, WIFI-N compatible chip and a socket for a camera, and more RAM memory. All of these things aren't used (yet) by the current firmware.

This is embarassing.
mellow.gif

So you mean that maybe a new firmware update will add all those things? except the socket for a camera
 
Who would have ever thought it would be illegal to change the software on a device that you payed for and own?
 
Sanderino said:
scrtmstr said:
It has been taken apart by a bloke and he found an FM-reciever/transmitter, WIFI-N compatible chip and a socket for a camera, and more RAM memory. All of these things aren't used (yet) by the current firmware.

This is embarassing.
mellow.gif

So you mean that maybe a new firmware update will add all those things? except the socket for a camera
yep, but knowing apple, that'll take a sh*t load of time. The new generation has been on sale for almost half a year now I believe, and they still haven't updated. You can already use the upgraded RAM memory ofcourse.
 
Sanderino said:
scrtmstr said:
It has been taken apart by a bloke and he found an FM-reciever/transmitter, WIFI-N compatible chip and a socket for a camera, and more RAM memory. All of these things aren't used (yet) by the current firmware.

This is embarassing.
mellow.gif

So you mean that maybe a new firmware update will add all those things? except the socket for a camera
The new update will not use the FM-reciever, and will not use the Wifi-N chip. The 3.1 OS already used the extra RAM.

Oh yeah the next iPod Touch 4G should be around September-November.
 
scrtmstr said:
yep, but knowing apple, that'll take a sh*t load of time. The new generation has been on sale for almost half a year now I believe, and they still haven't updated. You can already use the upgraded RAM memory ofcourse.
QUOTE(Hardkaare @ May 5 2010, 03:06 PM) You should go with the 32GB since you got alot of music, and you will be able to use the upcoming OS 4.0 update aswell.

Okay, I ain't that much in the iPod scene, but for 2 years now there didn't came a new generation iPod Touch, right?
Maybe the iPod OS 4.0 is a replacement for such a generation?
ohmy.gif
 
Okay, so I don't care about the speed ofl oading on the iPod, the FM radio comes with the 4.0 OS update right?
Then the reason why i should maybe wait is a camera. AM I right?

What would you guys do?
 
Sanderino said:
Okay, so I don't care about the speed ofl oading on the iPod, the FM radio comes with the 4.0 OS update right?
Then the reason why i should maybe wait is a camera. AM I right?

What would you guys do?
wait a bit longer, for the OS4.0 update OR just wait for the new one, see how that one turns out. If it itsn't worth the new features in your opinion you can always buy the 3g.
 
Hardkaare said:
rofl2.gif


Every year Apple releases a new iPod.

And the OS 4.0 update is shipping with the new iPhone so it should with the iPod aswell.


Prowler485 said:
QUOTE(Sanderino @ May 5 2010, 04:06 PM) Huh? So the OS update isn't just a firmware update that you get sometimes?
Since it's Apple we are talking about, no.
BTW, you'll have to pay for update.

Damn, did you need to pay much for previous updates? Can I still get the update if I just pay for it?
 
Sanderino said:
Hardkaare said:
rofl2.gif


Every year Apple releases a new iPod.

And the OS 4.0 update is shipping with the new iPhone so it should with the iPod aswell.


Prowler485 said:
QUOTE(Sanderino @ May 5 2010, 04:06 PM) Huh? So the OS update isn't just a firmware update that you get sometimes?
Since it's Apple we are talking about, no.
BTW, you'll have to pay for update.

Damn, did you need to pay much for previous updates? Can I still get the update if I just pay for it?
I thought it was 10 euros for the 3.0 update, but i'm not quite sure.
 
If you do a quick search for "iPod Firmware Download" on Google you can get the firmware for free and install it easily. I did that to upgrade my iPod 2G to 3.1.2 awhile ago.
 

Site & Scene News