Hardware Is the PS3 the best option out there for Blu-ray?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really into the PS3 but my parents are planning to buy a 3DTV soon. I just saw a "3DTV package" at my local store and they're selling a 3DTV along with a 3D Blu-ray player and a "starter kit that includes 3D glasses" for £1500. The TV costs £1000 and everything else costs £500. I just suggested to them that they should get a PS3 instead because it is cheaper and a better Blu-ray player (since it is more than a Blu-ray player). The question is: am I right in suggesting it? Another reason I suggested it is because I am aware that the PS3 has an update that allows 3D playback (I don't know if it's yet to be released or if it's already released).

Thanks.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Sony is selling televisions right now, with a free PS3 included (with an extra 5 3D games, iirc). The NX710, NX810, HX800, HX900 and LX900.

I don't know if this is offered in the UK too. I can't find it at sony.co.uk.
At sony.be (my country) it's on the front page: http://www.sony.be/lang/nl/article/gratis-...lete-sony-3d-tv

It's not in English though, but in Dutch.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah in the UK I've seen adverts with PS3's bundled. It's probably a good option, as you said it has 3D enabled too. Just have a look around at and you should see a good deal somewhere.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best? No, its more of a multimedia, you can get blu-ray players that startup faster and whatnot. If you get a PS3 you may want to get a remote for it too, its kinda weird to use a controller. A PS3 can play game and blu-ray and it isn't bad for its price.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't know, but don't fall for any "3d starter kit" or any package offered through a retail store, they are usually a rip off.

buy the components separate and do it online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1