Hacking Question Is Switch Hacking Anything Like 3ds Hacking?

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K
No, only legally owned games can be played without RCM usage to bypass Nitnendo's security.
Ah figured as much

You bought it two weeks ago and still has low serial number? Are you sure?
Was it used?
Yes it was used from Gamestop. I figured I just got lucky.

Reactions: ELY_M

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm only interested in dumping/injecting saves, and installing themes and games. I'm not interested in online hacking or online play at all while on CFW. Is it possible to install games using CFW on my system AND play them without having to boot into RCM. Same goes for themes.

You only need RCM on boot. Not on waking from sleep. So it's not that big a deal honestly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You bought it two weeks ago and still has low serial number? Are you sure?
Was it used?

Hackable Switches are still all over the place. A couple of weeks ago I went to pick up a PS4 game at a very busy local Best Buy and of the six Switches they had out for sale four of them had hackable serials.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And what about online features? I think I read somewhere that you cannot play online anymore with the risk to be banned. Is there any way to still play online?
Yes, you kind of can. EmuNAND is a good solution for that, you can keep your sysNAND clean for online use, and use emuNAND for all your warez needs offline. But currently only SX OS supports emuNAND. On any other CFW, if you want to play online safely currently, you're stuck with restoring a clean NAND backup any time you want to go online, and keeping CFW offline only.

Reactions: Baromo

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you kind of can. EmuNAND is a good solution for that, you can keep your sysNAND clean for online use, and use emuNAND for all your warez needs offline. But currently only SX OS supports emuNAND. On any other CFW, if you want to play online safely currently, you're stuck with restoring a clean NAND backup any time you want to go online, and keeping CFW offline only.
Wait, let's say I'm on CFW but want to play Splatoon...
Can I just restart the console and then I'm safe to play? Or Do I have to shut it down completely? ...or is there something I'm missing?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait, let's say I'm on CFW but want to play Splatoon...
Can I just restart the console and then I'm safe to play? Or Do I have to shut it down completely? ...or is there something I'm missing?
Nope, not at all.
You need a clean NAND backup any time you want to go online. That has to be made before you run any CFW or homebrew (just from the Hekate payload for example)
If you go online with a NAND that has had homebrew/CFW/nsps on it, you will get banned sooner or later, it's a guarantee.
If you have a clean NAND, you can just make a backup of your current CFW NAND to keep your save data, restore your clean NAND, do what you need to & make a new backup with the new save, and restore your CFW NAND.

Reactions: Stardust3033

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, not at all.
You need a clean NAND backup any time you want to go online. That has to be made before you run any CFW or homebrew (just from the Hekate payload for example)
If you go online with a NAND that has had homebrew/CFW/nsps on it, you will get banned sooner or later, it's a guarantee.
If you have a clean NAND, you can just make a backup of your current CFW NAND to keep your save data, restore your clean NAND, do what you need to & make a new backup with the new save, and restore your CFW NAND.
Wait, I'm a little confused now :unsure:
So I have to restore my NAND everytime I want to just go online for anything?

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
other opinion is getting second switch for legit online play only. I choose to get another switch for homebrew stuff and it happened to be banned one. if you can afford it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait, I'm a little confused now :unsure:
So I have to restore my NAND everytime I want to just go online for anything?
Essentially yes unless you go with SX OS, and use only emuNAND for CFW, keeping sysNAND clean.
There will be emuNAND for free CFW at some point but at this point SX OS emuNAND still remains the best method for those that want to use their Switch for both legit use and CFW.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Essentially yes unless you go with SX OS, and use only emuNAND for CFW, keeping sysNAND clean.
There will be emuNAND for free CFW at some point but at this point SX OS emuNAND still remains the best method for those that want to use their Switch for both legit use and CFW.
I have a problem when booting up CFW. The screen just stays black...

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the Switch isn't one of the patched ones? That sounds like the same behavior the patched units exhibit.
If it was patched it would've failed the fusee test right? Plus a website I used to check serial numbers said it wasn't patched and is safe. I'm able to make NAND backups and push payloads to my switch too..

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If it was patched it would've failed the fusee test right? Plus a website I used to check serial numbers said it wasn't patched and is safe. I'm able to make NAND backups and push payloads to my switch too..
Ah I see. That's not it then.
How is your CFW set up? Try setting it up with Kosmos to make sure you have all the files you need.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
other opinion is getting second switch for legit online play only. I choose to get another switch for homebrew stuff and it happened to be banned one. if you can afford it.
Waste of money, SX with emunand and a brain to be able to use it properly is all you needed not to get banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION