Hacking Is Starfall important???

another_waster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have my wii working on homebrew at 3.1e

I dont have my wi-fi set up but I hear that when I do some games will force me to update and delete homebrew? And only starfall will protect this?

Is this true, I mean if I just turned on the wi-fi when Im gonna go online and not leave it on all the time would I be safe?

I kinda wana update to 3.2e to put it on but it seems like a bit of risk for maybe no reason...

Whats peoples thoughts?

Thanks!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another_waster said:
I currently have my wii working on homebrew at 3.1e

I dont have my wi-fi set up but I hear that when I do some games will force me to update and delete homebrew? And only starfall will protect this?

Is this true, I mean if I just turned on the wi-fi when Im gonna go online and not leave it on all the time would I be safe?

I kinda wana update to 3.2e to put it on but it seems like a bit of risk for maybe no reason...

Whats peoples thoughts?

Thanks!
starfall is a good thing to have for blocking updates on soft mod or hard mod, i recommend it.
remember this though don't do the disc update but you still can't play the games than need extra ios('s) till you install the ios('s) it required by the game through wad manager.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Right now the latest firmware is 3.4E. Updating through wi-fi will install 3.4 and delete all your homebrew. Downgrading back to 3.2 is risky if you don't know what you are doing. You can update to 3.2E through a game that has it. Then install starfall because it protects you from further updates through games. Starfall does not protect you from updates through wi-fi. So make sure you keep your wi-fi off.

another_waster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of games that try and update the Wii anywhere?

Thanks!!!
biggrin.gif

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
thawkins1 said:
bowser said:
Starfall does not protect you from updates through wi-fi. So make sure you keep your wi-fi off.

You can have your wi-fi on...If it asks you to update just don't accept it simple as that.

I thought Nintendo changed the EULA to allow them to update without asking first from firmware 3.4 onwards. Is that right?

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
thawkins1 said:
bowser said:
Starfall does not protect you from updates through wi-fi. So make sure you keep your wi-fi off.

You can have your wi-fi on...If it asks you to update just don't accept it simple as that.

I thought Nintendo changed the EULA to allow them to update without asking first from firmware 3.4 onwards. Is that right?

He is on 3.1E and wants to go to 3.2E
rolleyes.gif

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just turn Standby mode off to avoid anything happening in your sleep. that will keep you wii cool when you aren't using it too. i noticed when i left my wii on standby if would get Hawt (hot)!

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
i would also like to install starfall on my brothers wii, its on 3.1e at the moment with backup launcher and other homebrew stuff, would it be safe to use any region changer on that to update it? ive only used it to downgrade a 3.3e wii to 3.2 to install starfall, just wondering thats all thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...