Hacking Is online play with 5.5.1 possible?

Eunhon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi forum! Ive been away from the wiiu scene for a while and i heard 5.5.2 came out and is not recommended to update to it. Ive installed my backup with wup installer to play my games online from my HD and was wondering if i try playing online with mario kart for example, if i will be asked to update my console? If so, is there a way to prevent that? Thank you for helping me out!

Eunhon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! What if i have to switch wifi connections? Will i have time to reconfigure that before the prompt comes up?
will i be able to accesss the eshop still?

Last edited by Eunhon,

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to configure your DNS on each wifi you want to use. You wont be able to access eshop with the custom dns, but you can bypass it to access Eshop by launching NNU Patcher in Homebrew Launcher.

Eunhon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ack sorr
You have to configure your DNS on each wifi you want to use. You wont be able to access eshop with the custom dns, but you can bypass it to access Eshop by launching NNU Patcher in Homebrew Launcher.

Thanks:) let me bug you one laste time. I can install homebrew launcher to the console directly with wup installer right? XD

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can. But you need to have signature patches in order for it to work. If you have CBHC installed, then no need to worry but if you only have haxchi or you are only using browserhax, then you need to run Mocha CFW first or run Haxchi first in order to use Hombrew Launcher in the homescreen.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP you should read through the noob guide again since it's been updated to reflect 5.5.2 changes. Even if you accidentally update you're fine if you're a HaxChi user. If you only use browserhax you'll find it harder to use but not impossible. There's a webhack for 5.5.2 it's just not super stable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?