Is new Gateway firmware 2.0 working for you? POLL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Schizoanalysis, Dec 2, 2013.

?

How is Gateway 2.0 working for you?

1. I updated my emuNAND sucessfully and all works more or less fine

50 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. I updated my emuNAND sucessfully but constantly get grey striped screens

17 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. I could not manage to sucessfully update my emuNAND, because it stalled/crashed

7 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. I tried to update my emuNAND but I accidentally updated my REAL NAND instead or as well as

6 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. I can't get the firmware to work at all

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. It works fine, I never tried to update my emuNAND

6 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. I constantly get grey striped screens, and I never tried to update my emuNAND

6 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. Other... (comment in thread)

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  9. I don't have a Gateway, but I still want to vote

22 vote(s)
    18.0%
  10. I have a Gateway, but have not tried 2.0 yet

16 vote(s)
    13.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    So, with all the kerfuffle over at the other threads, I thought a quick and easy poll might give some idea of the rate of success to failure.

Vote for whether you have had problems with new firmware or not.

2. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    EmuNAND works fine, but does Home-saving cause a loop for anyone else when on an updated EmuNAND? Currently only tested TLoZ:ALBW.

Edit: Yep, that issue seems prevalent.

3. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Well, good to know it works for most people.

From reading the other thread, it appeared to be mostly doom and gloom.

4. phanteon

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    bottom screen stays on "closing software" when i get out of zelda ALBW when go thru home>X>A.
    and have to make a hard reset.
    !"·$%&·$%&$ didn't save what i did. i completed a whole dungeon and now i have to do it all again!!! >.<

5. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I'm experiencing two problems:

The first and the least relevant: If I boot GW GUI on 2D and then change the slider to 3D, the GUI displays a dual screen, having one side displaying the GW logo and the other side displaying the typical grey screen with the hour, etc that is shown before the GUI boots.

The other is that I can't use neither of the hacks of GW (GW/CLassing) two times on the same power cycle. At the second attempt, it always fails: Displays the same grey screen described above on 2D, doesn't change if the slider is moved to 3D (both sides displaying the same thing), so it simply gets stuck with the background music playing and the only thing left to do is performing a hard reset.

6. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    It seems to only work when it wants to... I tried after first formatting emuNAND and it worked, tried twice after that and just grey lines and now it's worked 3 times in a row without ever turning the power off.

Can't seem to play Pokemon Y in classic mode, tells me my save is corrupt yet my 6.3 3DS reads it fine.

7. apollooo

apollooo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    works almost perfectly. maybe about 1 out of 3 boot ended up in grey screen, but everything works. my old games, and ALBW works perfectly too

8. Jay.T

Jay.T Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    Already mentioned this in the 2.0 Released thread, but anyway..
    So I already have the NAND dumping hardware mod, and I wanted to try out this 2.0 beta firmware on my gateway. I have a big problem. I can not get Pokemon X to load my existing save game at all using Gateway. I was using Classic mode and didn't go back into settings (as this reverts to physical NAND). When I run the game I get a screen that says my game save is corrupt. I then saved my Physical NAND to my PC and flashed back regular 6.3 to my 3DS. Opened up Pokemon X and.. it loaded my existing save (thank god!).
    Anyway, just a heads up to everyone else who might encounter this

9. LeomelsonBato

LeomelsonBato GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    i update my 3DS without any problem :lol:

10. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    Same issue, Home Close not working on Zelda, Just hangs, In both Gateway modes (With and without EmuNAND), Is the save data actually created when you click New and give name etc or must it be saved for a first time ?? As I just exited after a couple of minutes

Seems only time this hasnt happened is when someone tried with a brand new cart, seems regardless, except eshop, Pokemon and ACNL are a no go still. Maybe GW Team should add something to main site so people dont corrupt their Retail saves

11. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    What? You didn't save the game? lol, there's your problem.

12. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    Haha, i only thought that, must hang as no save data...... at least multiple people did exactly the same thing and since no one said hold on mine works i presumed it didnt.. I will test again

13. razielleonhart

razielleonhart RazzyDee

May 21, 2008
    killed 4.4 and ended up with 6.3 now its on the list to be sold and i am going to buy a friends red xl for 165 moneys that is 4.4 or 4.5 if now i will return it back to the store

14. Sentinell

Sentinell Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2006
    Belgium

Yep, same here. It's been stuck on 'closing software' for 30mins now. Checked the SD card, no new saves. 2 hours of playtime gone. :/

It all works, but hangs pretty regularly and/or is slow to respond.
    The worst one is the not saving though because there's nothing i can do about it.

15. nicklesminer

nicklesminer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    For those of you having issues with it getting stuck on closing software, what sd card are you using? I'm using an 8gb Transcend class 10 and it works fine.

16. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    well i am using the lexar 4gb that comes with the 3ds xl ,i have updated emunand , everything works fine, except some times i get the lines
    i am a few hours into ALBW and now yall are starting to scare me, i am afraid to try and save now, what should i do, anyone has confirmed yet that home close sav is working with ALBW? or is eeryone having this issue?

17. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Works pretty much fine here. Occasional grey screen, seems more prevalent if I boot without using GUI.

Other than that, no problems. Updated Emunand, currently playing Zelda, home+X is fine, no freezes. No save issues.

18. dagro

dagro GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    Hanged once on lexar 4gb sd that comes with 3ds.

19. nicklesminer

nicklesminer Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    I've gotten to the second dungeon in lorule and have saved several times without issue. I do save in game and then exit to the game menu before i press home though.

20. LolGuyX

LolGuyX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Don't know if this has been reported before, but in 1.2 I got those gray striped screen too.
    Sometimes they made my 3ds crash, and sometimes it succesfully went into gateway mode anyways.