Not open for further replies.
A

Aimen

OP
nikola987 said:
Nintendo Wii Back Up Disc 1.31,just find it and try it
good luck
smile.gif

have download and burn the iso, now it's just to start savemii and save my wii xD But i cant start it... using a original gamecube controll! And i have get information that i need to MOD the gc controll
tongue.gif
it work before with me but why not now? i have not remove any ios and the hbc working after i restart the wii!

A

Aimen

OP
WiiBlaster said:
I dont see how the Pink disc could help you at all, this is not a banner brick,

try a autoboot wad manager download in second post

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117690

if it works just re-install all of your IOS's,

But i dont think your going to be able to fix your Wii, if it wont even boot into recovery mode

You have right, it dosent work...
frown.gif
My Wii is dead! Even if marc_max say that use DIP-IOS in own risk, he gonna buy me a new Wii! Why? For he just test that shit app on 2 Wii! Only 2 WII!!! So i recommend, dont use DIP-IOS, use WiiSCU! Better than this shit!

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aimen said:
icefireicefire said:
well, that app is stpuid (like 10 lines of bad original code, all the rest is by bushing and tona), and no wonder it bricked you

So it's bricked?
frown.gif

Lesson number 1. Never download apps to Wii from infamous people!

But can i still save it?
Infamous does not mean "not famous."

It means "famous with a bad reputation."

A

Aimen

OP
Arm the Homeless said:
Aimen said:
icefireicefire said:
well, that app is stpuid (like 10 lines of bad original code, all the rest is by bushing and tona), and no wonder it bricked you

So it's bricked?
frown.gif

Lesson number 1. Never download apps to Wii from infamous people!

But can i still save it?

Infamous does not mean "not famous."

It means "famous with a bad reputation."

Sry, bad english xD From sweden
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Aimen @ May 23 2009, 09:22 PM) QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ May 23 2009, 09:11 PM)
I dont see how the Pink disc could help you at all, this is not a banner brick,

try a autoboot wad manager download in second post

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117690

if it works just re-install all of your IOS's,

But i dont think your going to be able to fix your Wii, if it wont even boot into recovery mode

frown.gif
My Wii is dead! Even if marc_max say that use DIP-IOS in own risk, he gonna buy me a new Wii! Why? For he just test that shit app on 2 Wii! Only 2 WII!!! So i recommend, dont use DIP-IOS, use WiiSCU! Better than this shit!

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Aimen said:
frown.gif
I tested it on 2 Wii before releasing it and it worked perfectly. But I NEVER said that could be a reason to be a safe program. Did you read the first big red lines of text in my Dip-IOS thread?
I'm not going to buy you a new Wii. You tested in your own risk, I'm not responsible. You even did not follow my advices like having BootMii installed and a NAND backup.

My app is a very simple modification of tona's shop installer, I was not trying to become famous or something else. I know that anyone can do that quickly modification, I'm not pretending to look like a professional coder. I wrote that 'shitty' IOS selector code only for me because I needed it, but afer seeing that other people was interested in other forum I decided to share it.
Oh, and if Dip-IOS is a shit, then tona's is also a shit. Because they are almost the same and have the same risk, they use patchmii_core after all.
Some people got bricks by using other applications by 'famous' people, more bricks than Dip-IOS could create I guess.

Tell me... Why did you use Dip-IOS? Why did you patch all IOS? I never recommended to do that.

__

icefire... You can hate Dip-IOS for any reason, I'll always like your software.
But I don't see any reason to say it's stupid. As I said, I already know that the 10 lines of bad original code can be written by anyone. But at least I know that it's been useful for some people.

A

Aimen

OP
marc_max said:
Aimen said:
frown.gif
I tested it on 2 Wii before releasing it and it worked perfectly. But I NEVER said that could be a reason to be a safe program. Did you read the first big red lines of text in my Dip-IOS thread?
I'm not going to buy you a new Wii. You tested in your own risk, I'm not responsible. You even did not follow my advices like having BootMii installed and a NAND backup.

My app is a very simple modification of tona's shop installer, I was not trying to become famous or something else. I know that anyone can do that quickly modification, I'm not pretending to look like a professional coder. I wrote that 'shitty' IOS selector code only for me because I needed it, but afer seeing that other people was interested in other forum I decided to share it.
Oh, and if Dip-IOS is a shit, then tona's is also a shit. Because they are almost the same and have the same risk, they use patchmii_core after all.
Some people got bricks by using other applications by 'famous' people, more bricks than Dip-IOS could create I guess.

Tell me... Why did you use Dip-IOS? Why did you patch all IOS? I never recommended to do that.

__

But I don't see any reason to say it's stupid. As I said, I already know that the 10 lines of bad original code can be written by anyone. But at least I know that it's been useful for some people.

Tona Shop Installer is not shit. Your modifiaction of Tona Shop Installer is shit! icefire have right! Just shit! And they have not the same risk!
tongue.gif
I have use Tona Shop Installer some few times and no brick! And why i use Dip-Ios is for i want every ios patched! And i think after i use the dip-ios, i will install preloader and bootmii to have a full hacked console! Ok, you have right, you dont need to buy me a new Wii but YOU have made a mistake to post shit like this app! And no, apps from famous people have not that big chance to brick a wii like waninkoko!

You see, this is GBATemp! We don't take shit like this!

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basically, if you are going to use patchmii, use it right. I read your code: its basically just a loop that lets you isntall CERTAIN IOS's, not even scanning for what ones exist. Its a horrible idea...if you wanted to do it, just use IOS Downgrader -- that does it the right way!

A

Aimen

OP
rommy667 said:
Aimen you could have avoided this quite easy if u had had a clue as to what you were doing,it is not marc_maxs fault ffs man you did not even have a back up of your nand........

For i should install bootmii after i use dip-ios

D

Deleted User

OP
Aimen said:
marc_max said:
Aimen said:
frown.gif

__

Tona Shop Installer is not shit. Your modifiaction of Tona Shop Installer is shit! icefire have right! Just shit! And they have not the same risk!
tongue.gif
I have use Tona Shop Installer some few times and no brick! And why i use Dip-Ios is for i want every ios patched! And i think after i use the dip-ios, i will install preloader and bootmii to have a full hacked console! Ok, you have right, you dont need to buy me a new Wii but YOU have made a mistake to post shit like this app! And no, apps from famous people have not that big chance to brick a wii like waninkoko!

marc_max is not shit. The existence of you is shit! A lot of people here got it right! Just shit! And you two do not have the same rep!
tongue.gif
marc_max's app have been used LOTS of times and you're the only brick! And why you're brick is because your brain is idiot-patched! And I think people should install Preloader and bootmii first, not after dip-IOS! Ok, you got it right, he DOES NOT need to buy you a new Wii but YOU have made a mistake to post shit comments like this one! And yes, apps from famous people have the big chance to brick a wii! Waninkoko is not an app!

You see, this is GBATemp! We do not take shit posters like you!!!!!!!

PS: You're owned.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't get it....
If someone release some code saying it can brick, why on earth test this apps BEFORE backing up your NAND... This is the worst move ever... don't blame the coder.
Personnaly I'm not a coder so I cannot juge marc_max 10 lines of code. But he warned people so he's right and nobody force you to use his code.
BTW I'm sorry for your wii

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any reason that people with a bricked Wii couldnt use a NAND backup from any functionong Wii, is there any reason it has to be a backup of that exact Wii?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Aimen said:
tongue.gif

My modification is very simple. Even you could do it
smile.gif
So instead of insulting me, go and code a better application than mine (I can assure you it's VERY EASY) and share it here at GBATemp. I'll thank your work instead of saying it's shit.

When you say you are going to install Preloader and BootMii after using Dip-IOS, you are telling me that you don't know what you are doing. Please read tutorials and learn about how Wii works. Then start using dangerous homebrew knowing what are you going to do. Because patching all IOS like you did because you wanted all IOS patched is so stupid. As icefire said in his post, it's better to use IOS Downgrader. Main reason of patching latest versions of 21 and 36 is explained in my thread: getting original games with 3.4/4.0 update to work in disc channel without asking for an update and retain trucha bug. Do you know what is an original game? Because maybe you did not really need to use Dip-IOS. For that reason I always say that you must know why you want to use Dip-IOS.

I like Waninkoko apps. But it's confirmed that they caused some bricks (Firmware Updater, IOS Downgrader, etc). Any application of this type is very dangerous, and you should know that you use them at your own risk.
You can't blame my app only because it bricked your Wii. Why don't you insult Waninkoko, for example? Oh, right... Because he didn't brick your Wii, he is still a god for you. And what about people that got bricks with his applications? Don't you care about them?

QUOTE(icefireicefire @ May 24 2009, 12:53 AM) basically, if you are going to use patchmii, use it right. I read your code: its basically just a loop that lets you isntall CERTAIN IOS's, not even scanning for what ones exist. Its a horrible idea...if you wanted to do it, just use IOS Downgrader -- that does it the right way!
As I said, it's just a quick modification I needed. I made it only for me and for that reason it's so 'horrible'. Some people in other forum wanted it too, so I finally shared it with everyone. Yes, I already know that it's only a simple array with integers and simple loop. But now that it seems that some people liked it, maybe I'll start modifying it, making a clean code and adding some features like choosing IOS minor versions or checking if your IOS already has the trucha bug.
And no. It's not the same using IOS Downgrader. Because IOS Downgrader downloads old IOS versions with trucha bug. Dip-IOS downloads and patches the newest one, so newer disc games like Pikmin 2 or Punch Out do not ask for update. Also, newest versions of IOS have the reading speed-up added on 3.4.
I already used IOS Downgrader before writing Dip-IOS. But as I expected, it didn't work and Pikmin 2 asked for update again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IGY5Zu1OpmA