Hacking Is my Acekard 2.1 D.O.A. ?

Amhole

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my Acekard 2.1 from DX and received it almost a month later.

I'm using a genuine Kingston 8GB Micro SD which has been formatted to FAT32.

I have downloaded the official firmware [Version 4.18. Fixed 3966 and 3665.] from the Acekard website. I have also tried the AKAIO firmware, and older official Acekard firmware.

I have unzipped the file into the Micro SD.

My DS Lite loads genuine cartridges fine.

Whe I put the Acekard 2.1 into the DS and turn it on I get the following: On the touch screen where you select the DS cart to load I get the screen you would normally get with the little icon to the left in the little square and the cartridge info to the right in the rectangle. However both these are blank.

When I select this "cartridge" the DS makes a noise acknowledging I have made an input on the touch screen and then displays two blank white screens, they remain no matter how long I leave the DS on.

I get the same result whether my Micro SD is in or not. I have tried a little spacer behind my Micro SD in case it wasn't making contact with the pins in the Acekard, this did not help. My Micro SD works find with my PC.

Is there something obvious I have not done, or is my Acekard 2.1 D.O.A. ?

Thanks.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
You have already tried most recommended steps, so the cart is most likely dead. You should be able to replace it though.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
1st off dx is not a bitch to do returns with. it just takes time. if you don't have patience then you shouldn't order from them. open a return cert with them and wait for a response. they will respond in 1-3 business days (not including holidays which they have plenty of in china). after that it will depend on how they want to handle it. in the case of a $10 or so item they will often just ship out another if you can prove the one you have is faulty.

if you don't get a response from dx then close the cert and open another. if you can't figure that out then register on the forum and complain that it has been x-amount of weeks with no response, blah blah. they will eventually help you, so like i said have patience.

as for your acekard it sounds like a small defect in the case which is causing the pcb not to make contact with the nds. i've seen this many times. you can try to fix it by bringing the contacts closer, the most widely used method is a small bit of paper just behind the pcb. if your acekard is a new batch with a glued case it will be harder to open it to drop in a bit of paper.

good luck,
-another world

Amhole

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the piece of paper behind the PCB, no luck. My case was not glued, I had it opened before anyway to see if there was anything obvious wrong with the board.

My PCB is green, I though I had read somewhere that the green PCBs are the older style and are more problematic than the supposed current run which are on black PCBs. Am I misinformed?

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is your ak spring?
(i know this is a dummy question, but i kust want to ask
tongue.gif
)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Amhole said:
I just tried the piece of paper behind the PCB, no luck. My case was not glued, I had it opened before anyway to see if there was anything obvious wrong with the board.

My PCB is green, I though I had read somewhere that the green PCBs are the older style and are more problematic than the supposed current run which are on black PCBs. Am I misinformed?

the ak2 has a dark green pcb. problems were fixed on it and it was rebranded as the 2.1. the newly designed 2.1 shipped in a light green and a black pcb, then a blue pcb. i'm not aware of any 2.1 changes after that but to be honest i have not been in contact with the team for a long time. i have a fixed 2 and a light green 2.1, both work fine with no problems. if you have the original ak2 with the green pcb then that could be an issue but they haven't shipped those for almost 2 years now.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill