Hardware Is motion + worth going with a black wii?

Alacres

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just bought a pre-owned white wii from gamestop yesterday, and after realizing they stuck me with a shitty 3rd party wiimote (power A or something), I'm planning to swap it out today. Since I'll be swapping the controller out anyway, I was wondering if it would be advisable to swap the entire system out for a black wii? I plan to softmod, and I've read there were some limitations on apps you can use due to the motion + controller, and also the black units having the D3-2 drive.

That said, is the motion + that much better, or would it be best just to stick with the white one?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Edit: Well, I just swapped the 3rd party remote out and got a *gasp* black one. It was awkward because the clerk exclaimed, "Ooo, look you get a free motion+ upgrade!" At that point, it would have seemed strange to demand a regular white one, as well as an inconvenience since they had to open the wii box to get it. The thing is, I notice this wiimote has the motion+ adapter on it. Does that mean this is actually a normal wiimote like the classic white one? I was under the impression that the motion+ wiimotes came with it built in; not an adapter.

Kumadoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have got the black wii with motion plus myself, if you are softmodding be mindful that the White wii the earlier models will allow you to play dvd9 , so you can use yr wii as a DVD player. This is something I have missed out on having the black wii. Still is way better than red wii and the blue one which does not have the gamecube ports

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii Motion+ is the separate adapter.
Wii Remote+ added Motion+ features internally.

You're not mistaken. Nintendo did release in black, both the Motion+ adapter and ordinary Wii Remote.
Also yes, there are black Gamecube-compatible consoles that included a Remote+.

Kumadoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you still get brand new black wiis ? I bought mine because of home brew that was back in early 2014... Love it have Nes emulator and famicom and snes emulators running.... Is great for retro.

Get scratch easily though the black one, so use a gentle dust cloth.

Kumadoken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Likely no, but Nintendo hasn't admitted to discontinuing it in USA. Unlike Japan and Europe.

Is a shame that they have discontinued it way too early to make way for wii u makes no sense... Sony doesn't go dis continuing PS3 just because of PS4.... And the online service I still miss mario kart on wii!

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Kumadoken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...