Hacking is it worth to upgrade from DS Lite to DSiXL+acekard?

FencingFoxFTW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thinking about making a trade-in. dont care much about GBA support, since I also have a PSP.

also, does the acekard 2i work on it? if it does, where's the cheapest place I can get that card?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my DSi XL yesterday and today I played it, ITS AWESOME..its not bulky at all. I think the ones that were complaining about the size were going from dsi to dsi xl, I went from ds lite to dsi xl..its just AWESOME and the AceKard works perfectly..just popped it in and I was good to go..its worth it!

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
i spose it depends how much you want to use the shopping channel and how badly you need bigger screens, if your ds lite is past it days an upgrade wouldnt be bad idea. i wouldnt go out my way personaly to upgrade since theres a new ds comeing out within a year, and will likely be under £200

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultimately the decision is yours to make. I went from a DSI to an XL Yesterday and the difference in tremendous. I enjoy the wider screens and it does make some games look better.
For me it's a great improvement since I dont have to have the unit right in front of my face. The pen sized stylus is also really comfortable to hold and easy to write with and use without your hand cramping.

FencingFoxFTW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
good point

besides the kinda scratched lower screen, My Lite is still working pretty good, the trade-in deal aint that good, and I have an acekard 2 (without the i)

gotta think about it

XXNatus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, I think you should wait. A new Nintendo handheld has already been announced, and the Supercard DS TWO is coming out pretty soon, those two factors might make you change your mind.

r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
XXNatus said:
In my opinion, I think you should wait. A new Nintendo handheld has already been announced, and the Supercard DS TWO is coming out pretty soon, those two factors might make you change your mind.
This

Wait for E3 then make a decision...

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was worth it to my discerning gamer buddy and it was worth it to this old bugger.

I went for the EB games 90 dollar trade in for my perfectly fine black bottom crimson top DSl and picked up a bronze DSi XL and I have an Ackard 2i waiting to get fired up.

Going to let my local lass friend who has a DSL have my R4DS Revolution. She only has the DSl as her ex bought it for her. She's not hard core about the thing, so being able to only play the last few thousand games is not important to her
smile.gif

Looking forward to enjoying not needing to squint so darn much at the smaller screened DSl.

Hey some of us think bigger is better eh. I don't have a 5 year old's hand size either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Midnight for me then like 6-630ish lol