Hardware Is it worth buying a second Wii U as backup?

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been thinking for a week or so whether to get a second Wii U as backup. Honestly, I rarely play it. But the little time I do I enjoy it. Purpose for getting it last year was to mod, HD Wii & GC games. Playing Wii U games was a bonus. I have the white 8GB model just because on launch, I did the have black Zombi U bundle, when prices were high I did a straight swap for a PS4. The gloss is a bit unforgiving, so if so I’d get another white one.

what’s everyone thoughts? Reckon I should wait to upgrade my switch to the new HD model coming in 2021 or get a backup Wii U?

thominho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I suggesting No. All or most of games released in Wii U as exclusive back then has come out for Switch too. Probably we see more games such as Super Mario World, Star Fox etc. I am sure will be released for Switch. On the other hand, if your primary goal is Wii and GC - yes then I suggest getting another backup Wii U but mostly Wii is easier and better to use than Wii U due to requiring extra tools for Gamecube Controllers.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I cleaned up my wii u and decided to decide which games I want to play on wii u and which ones I should emulate for better graphics, I literally can't think of any wii u games I want to play on my hardware besides Nintendo Remix and "Game & Wario," simply because the saves are on there. Now I've decided to put away my wii u once again because the hardware is simply not worth the deskspace to me. So my opinion is, no, the hardware is NOT worth buying a backup, due to the lack of necessity of the hardware, and due to superior emulation/upscaling. I have the luxury of considering my Wii U hardware "the backup."

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention, I do still have an original Wii too. Basically I sold all my Wii / Wii U kit years a go. But two years a go I managed to get a Wii, good con all cables and remote from Game for £15. Last year, managed to do the same thing with a Wii U for £50. I think I’ll hold off. The only specific for Wii U would be Nintendo land and Wind Waker HD. Wii, Raul shooters, but if the Wii U does I could downgrade and use the Wii since I have a HDMI adapter for if.

you guys are right. - I’ll hold off. If I see a Wii U dirt cheap again then maybe, but no rush. Let’s hope there will be a point where they go for £15/30 lol.

thominho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I forgot to mention, I do still have an original Wii too. Basically I sold all my Wii / Wii U kit years a go. But two years a go I managed to get a Wii, good con all cables and remote from Game for £15. Last year, managed to do the same thing with a Wii U for £50. I think I’ll hold off. The only specific for Wii U would be Nintendo land and Wind Waker HD. Wii, Raul shooters, but if the Wii U does I could downgrade and use the Wii since I have a HDMI adapter for if.

you guys are right. - I’ll hold off. If I see a Wii U dirt cheap again then maybe, but no rush. Let’s hope there will be a point where they go for £15/30 lol.
Man mark out Super Mario 3D World from port List. It was announced some hours ago :D. See we come closer and closer to Switch getting all Wii U ports.

Reactions: jellybeangreen2

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man mark out Super Mario 3D World from port List. It was announced some hours ago :D. See we come closer and closer to Switch getting all Wii U ports.
Preordered mine for switch! Also got a backup Wii U. So many good Wii games that will never come over. Plus GC backwards compatibility. Got it as a bundle for £85. Console, pad. 3 games (super Mario bros u, black ops 2 and Lego city undercover), official pro controller and all cables. Plus a hard cover for the game pad. So can’t complain really. Console edition is good and will do as a backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee