PS1/2 Is it worth buying a new PS2+Mod it?

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This will probubly happend next year because im saving money for a Xbox 360. I dont want a PS3 but im interested in PS2. Is it worth buying a new PS2(Slim probably) and mod it? I have NEVER soldered anything. I dont want to risk the chance. So if possible, is it possible to not solder a PS2 or Softmod it? I never softmodded either. So im not that experienced.

And what are some "good" games for the PS2?

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use "Swapmagic".
No need to solder
laugh.gif

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much got every Next Gen. Console. I have a Wii, had a Xbox 360 Arcade but sold it(saving money to buy premium version), but im not into overpriced stuff(PS3). Just rather buy PS2.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll lay it down to you like this.

PS2 has a lot of games so I say it is worth having.

If you have an xbox360, you probably won't hardly touch your PS2 any more. The graphics on 360 are superior is why and also 360 has xbox live.

I own 3 ps2's, I haven't even touched one in over half a year.

SavageWaffle

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about graphics much. I still have my Super Nintendo. I still love Mario. Although good graphics would be great, i don't really care much.

Question to all, What does PAL stand/mean? On http://www.swapmagic3.com/Swap_Magic_Compatibility.asp
(its a game comparability list) it says "USA,JPN,PAL". I would like to know what PAL is.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PAL is a television standard, but these days it is most often used to refer to a gaming region that includes all of Europe and the Asia Pacific region.

Quite often NTSC and PAL games won't work on each other's system due to region coding on the games.

If you want to mod a PS2 just go and get a modchip installed, screw swap magic and screw patching games (Which I believe you have to do with that Memor32 card). You don't want to be pissing about trying to get games working you will just want them to boot no problems, your best bet for that is a modchip.

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have someone mod it for you.

Don't listen to anybody else, I don't get how anyone can stand swapping a disc every single time. Swap Magic drove me insane.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a Swap Magic in my PS2 Slim... Yeah, you have to swap it everytime, but it has its good points. My PS2 Slim blew up 2 times, and I've send it into warranty without problems by just removing the little Swapmagic pieces from the drive
smile.gif

Hmmm... Good games for PS2... Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Katamari Damacy, We Love Katamari, Guilty Gear XX, Soul Calibur 2 and 3... uuhh... can't think of others
laugh.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
link459 said:
Have someone mod it for you.

Don't listen to anybody else, I don't get how anyone can stand swapping a disc every single time. Swap Magic drove me insane.

i agree, thats why i brought a premod matrix infnity slim ps2, i still have the old swap magic discs though, but yeah the swapping was higly annoying

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's basically a modchip in the size of a PS2 memory card. You don't need to swap discs, just put them in the PS2 and go. It doesn't soft mod the PS2 in any way. BUT you have to patch every PS2 ISO you want to play (takes not even a second) and yes you have to have the memory stick inside a slot when you want to use it. I think it can be used as a standard memory card too.

50 Ways To Get F

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
solvalou.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
Madagascar
If money is factor, I would just buy a used PS2 locally then buy the Swap Magic Discs online.

This is my super cheap set-up:

Over 5 years with this system, no problems yet .. why waste money on a flip top or those sissy cards?

Taziz

Trophies
XP
Country
off topic why still people thinking that ps3 is overpriced ? because it isn't, damn you fan boy and cheapskates who can't buy there own games
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: