Is it worth buy a gamecube if I already have a Wii that can play a GameCube?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by eriol33, Aug 21, 2016.

1. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    I always like GameCube's design and if lucky, I can find them at dirtcheap. however, is it easily modded like wii?

2. otenko

otenko Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Brazil
    Gamecube isn't easily hacked as an old Wii or even the Wii U in Wii mode. Besides with Nintendont you can do crazy stuff, like wireless controllers and some tweaking on video options.

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Hey, you can buy it as back up, but maybe not necessary, i mean it does have gameboy player, over the VBA emulator so you can play real carts if you want, unless you can convert the save data on them to emulators then, sure why not?

Personally, i don't think is necessary, but you know, always good to keep a back up just in case. Like going to friends house, or in case your wii goes dead, so you know, not bad. :D

Unless you have some action replay to load homebrew, is kinda just a game cube not much to do outside of what is supposed to.

eriol33 likes this.
  4. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    Not sure about the modding scene but gamecube is awesome, get one just to have it.

eriol33 likes this.
  5. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Well if you just REALLY want that authentic experience sure get a GC. But wii would be you're better option. Different controller support. Cheat support. Nintendon't can do some good stuff.

6. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    My opinion? No.

Wii allows you to buy cheap component cables and allows you to play NTSC Gamecube games in beautiful 480p goodness. Gamecube on the other hand requires a really expensive Gamecube component cable to let you play in 480p.

7. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Wii is just as good, but if you can find a Gamecube for like dirt cheap, I say go for it. Collecting consoles is fun!

eriol33 likes this.
  8. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    If you want to get a GBPlayer and play legit GB/C/A carts on a TV, yes, absolutely get it. Otherwise, not unless you just want it for collection purposes or for some reason need one for a 2nd TV so someone can play GC games at the same time someone else is using the Wii.

eriol33 likes this.
  9. eriol33
    OP

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    ah yeah, this what turn me off from buying a gamecube. apparently there is no third party component cable. :(

still, I love collecting consoles (I have an unused dreamcast and super nintendo), and these days I am so obsessed to own all nintendo consoles! since gamecube can also become a gameboy advance, I still think it's cool.

thank for your insights.

Last edited by eriol33, Aug 24, 2016