Hacking Is it safe to update public header carts?

plastichat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just as the title says, if I have a game on my gateway I'm trying out with a public header is it safe to update the cart with the eshop or no? Also, if you get banned is it still possible to access the EShop or will it error you out as well?

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi if my account got banned can i make new account on the same console?or my console will be useless? i want to try to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate online, but i dont have private header, btw I am using sky3ds.

D

Deleted User

Hi if my account got banned can i make new account on the same console?or my console will be useless? i want to try to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate online, but i dont have private header, btw I am using sky3ds.

I believe you have to reset your console before doing so. It's not your account that was banned, it was the console itself.

Reactions: BhenBen_85

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
thanks Tomato Hentai ,so if i get banned i just reset back to factory setting and i can log in again? another question if for example i have MH3U on my SKY3DS how will I know that there is an update of the game,and where can i download the update?, sorry I am new to 3DS and N3DS is my 1st Nintendo Console.

D

Deleted User

thanks Tomato Hentai ,so if i get banned i just reset back to factory setting and i can log in again? another question if for example i have MH3U on my SKY3DS how will I know that there is an update of the game,and where can i download the update?, sorry I am new to 3DS and N3DS is my 1st Nintendo Console.

Well, I'm actually not 100% sure about this, so first try to unlink your current NNID from your N3DS, and use your new one. If that doesn't work, unlink that one and restore to factory settings.
I believe you can just download any patch from the eShop without actually owning the game, you may not get a notification every time there's an update, and I don't know how exactly to change it so it does do that, so you'll have to check the eShop by yourself every once in a while.

Reactions: BhenBen_85

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) MAC could be changed or spoofed, so they probably ban by console ID, not MAC.
2) According to reports from banned users until now, the first ban lasts 15 days or so. YMMV.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just as the title says, if I have a game on my gateway I'm trying out with a public header is it safe to update the cart with the eshop or no? Also, if you get banned is it still possible to access the EShop or will it error you out as well?
You're not actually updating the cart, it just downloads the update to your SD card, you don't even need the game to do it. You can even take the GW out when you download the update if you're paranoid, but eShop doesn't touch the cartridge at all.

You won't be able to do that at the moment, since GW doesn't support 9.6 firmware yet so eShop is unusable for the time being.

Well, I'm actually not 100% sure about this, so first try to unlink your current NNID from your N3DS, and use your new one. If that doesn't work, unlink that one and restore to factory settings.
I believe you can just download any patch from the eShop without actually owning the game, you may not get a notification every time there's an update, and I don't know how exactly to change it so it does do that, so you'll have to check the eShop by yourself every once in a while.
Unlinking requires formatting the 3DS though.

I think once the console is banned, it's banned forever, unless you can change the unique ID stored in NAND (this is probably not changed by a format) which would require you to take the unique ID from another 3DS.
It's kind of similar to how the XBox 360 works, I think.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The Real Jdbye so there is no problem if I updated my games even my SKY3DS is inserted i wont get banned right? thanks...
No, a game update won't get you banned. Other things could get you banned in the future but if it comes to that, then that probably means Nintendo have found a reliable way to detect flashcarts. There's no reason to worry about that yet though.

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
how long will they banned if for example i went online using public header? will it take years? or will it takes forever? maybe i will just update any games that needed update and play with wi-fi off .my N3DS is 2 days old and i dont want to end up being banned, sorry if i ask to many question,. I'm not planning to buy games as long as there is a way to play for free, i'm not saying its good. maybe if all flashcard will be block, that's the time i will buy games :). sorry for my bad English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse