Hacking Is it really worth it ?

sm1988

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am Really thinking on Buying a wii but I would want to mod it to play burned games and homebrew. I am not one of those jack asses that wants there stuff modded just so I can get something for nothing. I just want my wii to be at full potential just like my psp and ds . So is modding a wii as hard as it seems? I would like to hear some opinions before I drop a bunch of cash and time. Thanks ps I live in the US so it will be that region wii.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch wii, and modding it with WiiKey pre-soldered to a WiiClip V3 was a breeze. It was the first time I'd opened up my Wii (or any console) and I had it modded in just over an hour (being extremely cautious and following an online tutorial of how to dismantle the Wii). The best part of all - it works perfectly! Haven't had a problem yet, although it's only been modded for about a week.

I believe your Wii would be more difficult to mod, however, because you would be buying it now and it would have an updated chipset (D2C or newer) and might have cut legs.

Just do your research... and ebay might be a good place to look (for a DMS/D2A/D2B).

abort_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got my modchip. ive tested it. it works. like someone said before, do your research. dont just half-ass it. but its worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily