Hacking is it possible to transfer save file from counterfeit soulsilver to real cartridge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: E1ite007 and Chanel

Chanel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just dump the one that says full and not trim. You can dump the trimmed if the full dont work but better safe than sorry. You can dump the full rom with the save in it by booting gm9 then go to gamecart then full/trim.nds

I tried dumping both and they both work on an emulator but neither have the save file.. it just tells me to start over..

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried dumping both and they both work on an emulator but neither have the save file.. it just tells me to start over..
Supply the save file to that gm9 dumped *.nds rom of SoulSilver when playing it on emulator. Use the save you got from Checkpoint. Also try backing up and using the save from the cart again with that 'ndsi savedumper' app.

Depending on which emulator you use, you may need to fiddle around with NO$GBA settings using RAW saves or import/export the save to DeSmuME.
  • R4i saves to TWLoader
    • Post #13 for format conversion compatibility list.
    • Post #18 for an example converting between different save formats.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Possibly this bootleg has the ROM patched to save on the "ROM" instead or this is just a flashcart disguised as real game. If the later is true you need to get the microSD out and copy the save over.

Chanel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supply the save file to that gm9 dumped *.nds rom of SoulSilver when playing it on emulator. Use the save you got from Checkpoint. Also try backing up and using the save from the cart again with that 'ndsi savedumper' app.

Depending on which emulator you use, you may need to fiddle around with NO$GBA settings using RAW saves or import/export the save to DeSmuME.
  • R4i saves to TWLoader
    • Post #13 for format conversion compatibility list.
    • Post #18 for an example converting between different save formats.

Oh my god it worked. The savedumper app created a legit save file that can be used with the emulator!!

edit- it works on the emulator but when I create a new save and put the file on checkpoint so I can load it on my real cartridge, it says 'failed to read backup file'

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Possibly this bootleg has the ROM patched to save on the "ROM" instead or this is just a flashcart disguised as real game. If the later is true you need to get the microSD out and copy the save over.
how can I copy the save over? where can I even find the save file from the fake cartridge?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It finally worked!! I just used the ndsi savedumper to restore the save file from the counterfeit copy to the real copy. thanks so much for your help (:

Last edited by Chanel,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
checkpoint can manage savedata from NDS games? i was pretty sure they didn't show up on my menu.
Perhaps it only works with cartridges?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination