Hacking is it possible to transfer save file from counterfeit soulsilver to real cartridge

Chanel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally purchased a counterfeit copy of Pokémon soulsilver and invested hours into the game.. is there any way I can transfer my save file from that game to a legitimate copy? The fake keeps freezing on my 3ds and I’m tired of redoing things... please help!!

Chanel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using checkpoint but the real game won't read the save file. Does that mean the save file is corrupted? Is there any way to fix it?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using checkpoint but the real game won't read the save file. Does that mean the save file is corrupted? Is there any way to fix it?
I'm going to go with the belief that your fake copy of Pokemon SoulSilver makes the save different than the real version's Save Type: Flash - 4 Mbit.
I think the way to get around this would be to dump the NDS rom from the fake SoulSilver cart in GodMode9, play the game on an NDS emulator like DeSmuME or NO$GBA with that save backed up in Checkpoint, create a save state, get a clean (real) NDS rom dump of SoulSilver, play that copy of the game, load up the save state, and then save the game producing a new save file made in the correct save type.

Chanel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the help! So I've been trying this method but the checkpoint save just won't load properly on the NDS rom from the fake game. It would load other saves I got from my friends real cartridge but not mine :(. I also tried the TWL Save tool but it would just crash when I open it.. Do you have any other suggestions??

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Godmode9 is more reliable than Checkpoint in my experience.
Maybe tryin' again using Godmode9 instead. Also, when you dump the counterfeit rom, check if DeSmuME (I dunno if NO$GBA can do this) can show the info of the rom in File —> ROM Info, if it even launches on the emulator.

Reactions: Chanel

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having trouble finding my save file through godmode9. how do you suggest I extract it?
Welp, nope. I actually thought Godemode9 could dump saves, but it is not the case, as far as I have been able to investigate.
Anyway, Godmode9 can help us to check what kind of rom the counterfeit cart is using. Going to the option [C:] GAMECART with the cartridge in the 3DS, on Show Info.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Chanel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried on FBI and TWL save tool and they both crash :( but for some reason checkpoint doesn't crash. I thought that maybe my save file is corrupted but it plays fine on my ds and 3ds.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does god mode tell you? I didn't understand clearly above.
You can also just dump the entire rom using gm9 (gamecart/dump full.nds) then you can open it in an emulator and it'll have the save. I'd see if you can then inject that save into a retail game

Last edited by laramie,
Reactions: Chanel

Chanel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to find and extract the save file (if that's even possible) using gm9 but I couldn't find anything. When I click show info it says the title.nds, modified: 1980-01-01 00:00:00 ; filesize: 128.0 MB byte; [x] virtual

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh are you sure? let me upload again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.mediafire.com/file/plz0bogoixslgzy/POKEMON_SS.sav/file
Holy hell. Your fake SoulSilver save file looks nothing like the real version.

I'm not finding previous reports of anyone converting their fake format saves to real ones.

Gonna try the idea where I put the 3DS in sleep mode, remove and reinsert my DS flashcart, and then wake it back up again. If this works, it might be possible to move the save this way if its retained in RAM.

Edit - Nope. Removing the DS flashcart during sleep mode and then reinserting causes the 3DS to boot back to HOME Menu upon awakening.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Chanel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're awesome

how do I dump the whole .nds?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're awesome

how do I dump the whole .nds?
just dump the one that says full and not trim. You can dump the trimmed if the full dont work but better safe than sorry. You can dump the full rom with the save in it by booting gm9 then go to gamecart then full/trim.nds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.