Hacking Is it possible to play NSPs online?

birgeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So today i connected my switch on 7.0.1 with atmosphere online and went to eshop and got a 7 day free trial of nintendo online and downloaded tetris and nes, and played tetris online for a while without problem, but then i decided to play mario kart, diablo or xenoverse 2, but i get error: 2124-4618 when it tries to connect to server. Is it because its NSP games i cant play them online? I can download patches and play tetris just fine

I know il get banned for doing this but i dont care since im not going to pay for the online anyway, just wanted to make the most out of the trial

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty sure you've got a game ban at least already, not a CDN ban since you can still update. Playing with an NSP online pretty much instantly flags your console, it will be banned within minutes.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this is now moved to the appropriate section (I don't get why everyone posts everything in the Exploits thread when half of them don't even deal with that subforum), no its not a ban error code. I have never seen 2124-4168 but .NSP files you do not own cannot go online. While .XCI files use certificates to go online, .NSP files use tickets. However the ticket required to go online requires Nintendo signature and you can't patch that out since its conducted server-side (well you could but then you run the risk of going to jail). The ticket installed with CFW is only for offline-play since that check we can patch out because its conducted on the console itself.

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Error_codes

2124 = Account module
4168 = Integrity Verification Failed. ROM is corrupted

In other words, as Drax already said, your NSP fails verification because you don't own it and are using a fake ticket, thus you cannot access online for that title. Also a big ol Red flag with white text saying "Yo, ban me" on it. So you may or may not be able to even use those 7 free days of online. That said, you said you don't care but I'm just passing info in case someone stumbles on this thread later on.

*EDIT*
I herpaderp'd and posted 4618 because I'm a dumbass. It means ROM is corrupted. Could be ticket related or it could be corrupted to the point where the game doesn't even launch. Does the game open?

Last edited by Deathwing Zero,
Reactions: Milad and birgeer

birgeer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know seems so :s i used to have pokemon eevee but sold it, the other day i downloaded the nsp and just tried to connect it to mystery gift and it worked, but all the other games wont let me, only the games iwe downloaded from eshop and pokemon that i used to have in cart, maybe only bans games not on my account

Reactions: Milad

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why everyone posts everything in the Exploits thread when half of them don't even deal with that subforum

Probably because that's where SciresM's gigantic Atmosphere thread started, so people default to that while breaking forum rules in the process. Heck, I'm probably guilty of that as well. :P

Reactions: Milad and Draxzelex

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Don’t ever play nsps online you don’t own on your Nintendo account, you will 110% receive a ban eventually. xci are a lot different as long as that certificate matches that game you will be ok playing a back up you own online. None of us are 100% sure about sharing your own card 1 & 2 certificates injected in other titles and using them online I will go on record and say I have never had an issue but apparently others have so on your head be it, if you do so!

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
nintendo bans in waves so its a matter of time before you are banned
I can honestly say I have been doing my methods for over 12 months now I have never received a ban. The ban I got on my first switch was a silly error I made with YouTube but I used injected xci’s for its duration online regular without a ban and I still continue to do it now on my new switch I play MK8 & Splatoon online nearly every night.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Milad

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
CFW=BAN but choice is yours. For me online like Nintendo is offering is not woth to get 100% ban. Remember what Iwata said about online only for get it without proper infrastructure.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can honestly say I have been doing my methods for over 12 months now I have never received a ban. The ban I got on my first switch was a silly error I made with YouTube but I used injected xci’s for its duration online regular without a ban and I still continue to do it now on my new switch I play MK8 & Splatoon online nearly every night.

I Would be worried if I make some mistake and get an homebrew error then good bye cert , but I think as long as you are careful you can avoid the ban hammer, 12 months very long time , I am quite surprised because at the moment you use cfw is a instant flag for the majority of persons

Toh-ka

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
toh-ka.github.io
XP
Country
France
Just installed an XCI backup of Smash after reading that and I still get the error code, is there something I missed ?

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, please play pirated switch games online. Did you know you can charge your switch by putting it in the microwave, too?

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you know you can charge your switch by putting it in the microwave, too?
You cannot charge your Switch this way but you can charge it by vigorously shaking it back and forth, by the time you turn blue the Switch is fully charged and can play any nsp online too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@