Is it possible to have one thread listed in two forums?

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or even better, make it an announcement in those forums, it will be on top and not as hard to miss if it were one of several stickies.
It's not an announcement though

An announcement on the ipboard system is a topic that will appear on top of all other topics a bit below the banner. You can set an announcement to appear in several subsections of a forum, making it ideal for this situation. Think of it like this: it is one topic that will be on top for everyone to read and it cannot be bumped, or pushed down, replies cannot be given and it is thus very manageable for the moderators.

It has been used before, but I cannot give you a good example of it, because as far as I know, no announcement is set to be visible.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Or even better, make it an announcement in those forums, it will be on top and not as hard to miss if it were one of several stickies.

An announcement on the ipboard system is a topic that will appear on top of all other topics a bit below the banner. You can set an announcement to appear in several subsections of a forum, making it ideal for this situation. Think of it like this: it is one topic that will be on top for everyone to read and it cannot be bumped, or pushed down, replies cannot be given and it is thus very manageable for the moderators.

It has been used before, but I cannot give you a good example of it, because as far as I know, no announcement is set to be visible.
I know what it is.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know what it is.
That's prowler's way of saying that the thread described wouldn't be an announcement, so it shouldn't be categorized as one.

Reactions: 1 person

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can have a link to a thread (it appears sometimes when a thread is moved;
t_moved.gif
), but I don't think I'm able to pin the link itself.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Shadow topics can't be pinned through Moderation options.
But someone with SQL access (eg. Supervisors and Admins) can manually set the "pinned" value to 1. It works, because I've done it with a topic in the staff section.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Shadow topics can't be pinned through Moderation options.
But someone with SQL access (eg. Supervisors and Admins) can manually set the "pinned" value to 1. It works, because I've done it with a topic in the staff section.

Maybe an admin could do a little php script to let sups/admins to pin shadow topics (pinned)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up