Hardware Is it possible to have an "Ultimate 3DS"?

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at all. This thread isn't about convenience or cost. It's about being the ULTIMATE 3DS. You can't consider a card to fall into that category if it doesn't even play all the games, when there is a card that does. The OP mentioned DSTwo+; you mentioned a $12 solution. Apples and oranges... that's all I'm saying.
I guess Ultimate to me means the most something can do at the lowest cost.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You call that an "ultimate 3DS" and completely disregard the most important part of all.

Dual IPS screens.

What a pleb.

I'm just kidding. This is pretty decent.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
where did you get your psp cap?
eBay lol. However I did get four separate ones from four separate sellers and two of them barely work and fit like utter crap.
My good one fits perfectly with no give or moving, and fits flush with the shell. It's super sensitive and works great.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Spiderkid08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eBay lol. However I did get four separate ones from four separate sellers and two of them work and fit like utter crap.
My good one fits perfectly with no give or moving, and fits flush with the shell. It's super sensitive and works great.
do you think you can DM me a link to a good cap?

N1N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my PSP cap on Amazon from Blulu, it's a tight fit and there's some diagonal wobbling, but it's still much better than the rubber cap.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, when I receive my pokemon 20th dual ips brand new on 10.7 hack it and put my glow in the dark boo cover plates on it.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would get rid of the LED mods, external battery, psp c-stick mod, giant sd-card, wireless charging, and make sure it was dual ips.

I hated the PSP c-stick mod. I didn't think it felt any better, just different. Ended up having to buy a new rubber piece since I had ripped it off.

Reactions: Most-Wanted

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would get rid of the LED mods, external battery, psp c-stick mod, giant sd-card, wireless charging, and make sure it was dual ips.

I hated the PSP c-stick mod. I didn't think it felt any better, just different. Ended up having to buy a new rubber piece since I had ripped it off.
Dual IPS can always be bought and changed and you can change analog caps without ripping them.

N1N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JESUS! have you even considered what the end result to this would look like! it would be an abomination! it would look like this!
I went and made my own version. :P

I can't really decide where I stand in this thread. Half of me thinks this is a good idea, the other half thinks it's a waste of time. This whole idea does make me want to try doing something similar, though.

Last edited by N1N,

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, does it have enough space to fit on it? (Not everything I put in here needs space, like the flashcard, circle pad, software mods, etc)

-Pearl White N3DS XL for white inner part + Custom Shell
-Lexar 1000x 256GB microSDXC U3 UHS-II
-A9LH
-BootCTR9
-Luma3DS, Decrypt9WIP, NTR CFW and InputRedirection NTR
-Autoboot Homebrew grid launcher with alphabetical sorting for more than 300 games
-Something like this, but only on the arrow buttons and permanent LED instead of flashing with the music
-SNES-Colored AXBY Buttons
-Screwless Backplate
-Duraflexi Protector (Only upper part, 'cuz of the Mugen battery and that bulkiness sorta adds a protection to it)
-Mugen Power Extended 6250mAh Battery for 3.57x battery life
-Screen Protective Filter for Bottom Screen and Tempered Glass for Upper Screen
-Polished Gold Circle Pad for better grip and precision
-PSP-1000 Analog Cap for better precision
-SuperCard DSTwo+ for best emulation scenarios
-NAND Hardmod, still use for when/if sighax gets released
-Wireless Charging Hardmod
-Bluetooth Transmitter Hardmod, for combining with NTR Streaming
-Normal Capture Card, Oculus Rift Capture Card or HTC Vive Capture Card?

Total Price: $740 if Normal Capture Card or $750 if VR Capture Card both excluding possible IPS screen swaps and hardmods other than NAND's.

I would add IPS dual screen , my 2015 is IPS top tn bottom , my sisters 2017 which i replaced seven times to find a IPS top is still dual TN!! so annoying .. it think one of those where IPS bottom but IPS top is more important

also White it really ugly, look at the uglyness of what those guys predicted

Last edited by Most-Wanted,

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would add IPS dual screen , my 2015 is IPS top tn bottom , my sisters 2017 which i replaced seven times to find a IPS top is still dual TN!! so annoying .. it think one of those where IPS bottom but IPS top is more important

also White it really ugly, look at the uglyness of what those guys predicted
IPS screens may come and may not, so I didn't count that. And white is just for the inner part of the 3DS, the rest would have a custom shell.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid 450 dollars for a dual IPS pokemon 20th on 10.7 and I'll probably have it this week. Sent from Honolulu Hawaii and it's been in Ohio and Kentucky. I enjoy following its marvellous journey. It's a hell of a price to pay when you already have a perfectly fine dual TN with no dead pixels. Fuck you Nintendo. Fuck you looong time. I wouldn't call myself a collector but 3ds has become maybe my favorite console after the SNES and I wanted dual IPS damnit. Could probably have gotten an XL cheaper but I don't like it. I owned one. Clunky. Should be said that 130 dollars was shipping and customs, not that it changes anything. I'd been wanting one for a long time and I stand by my purchase and I'm very happy. Seller says he made sure when he got it that it was in perfect condidtion. If the screens are anything close to the Vita OLED like some people claim I'll be very happy. I wasn't even bothered with dual TN. They look great but I can only imagine it'll be harder in time to get a dual IPS version of the smaller console. Just like the one I've got now I'll put tempered glass protector on it. Man, I've got retroarch on pc, I've got a framemeister and plenty of consoles. I've got three Vita 1000's (don't even ask) but I wanted one of these dual IPS small new 3ds consoles real bad.

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid 450 dollars for a dual IPS pokemon 20th on 10.7 and I'll probably have it this week. Sent from Honolulu Hawaii and it's been in Ohio and Kentucky. I enjoy following its marvellous journey. It's a hell of a price to pay when you already have a perfectly fine dual TN with no dead pixels. Fuck you Nintendo. Fuck you looong time. I wouldn't call myself a collector but 3ds has become maybe my favorite console after the SNES and I wanted dual IPS damnit. Could probably have gotten an XL cheaper but I don't like it. I owned one. Clunky. Should be said that 130 dollars was shipping and customs, not that it changes anything. I'd been wanting one for a long time and I stand by my purchase and I'm very happy. Seller says he made sure when he got it that it was in perfect condidtion. If the screens are anything close to the Vita OLED like some people claim I'll be very happy. I wasn't even bothered with dual TN. They look great but I can only imagine it'll be harder in time to get a dual IPS version of the smaller console. Just like the one I've got now I'll put tempered glass protector on it. Man, I've got retroarch on pc, I've got a framemeister and plenty of consoles. I've got three Vita 1000's (don't even ask) but I wanted one of these dual IPS small new 3ds consoles real bad.

I agree i had a dual tn and it looked nice. My dual ips is 100% better. Its my baby and also what glass screen do you use for it">

N1N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for OP, why use the Akwox tempered glass for the top screen and the HORI protective filter at the bottom? Is there a reason for using two different brands rather than one or the other? I'm just curious.

Last edited by N1N,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.