Hacking Is it possible to download a game update in emunand, then use the update in classic?

CoolFangs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my brother has a 3DS currently on 8.1, planning on getting a Gateway soon. However in the meantime he'd like to be able to play Smash on it. The problem right now is I tried to set up the emunand to update the game from the eshop using my Gateway, then restarted into classic mode. The problem seems to be that the 3DS still isn't recognizing that I downloaded the update while in classic mode. Am I doing something wrong or does this just not work?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So my brother has a 3DS currently on 8.1, planning on getting a Gateway soon. However in the meantime he'd like to be able to play Smash on it. The problem right now is I tried to set up the emunand to update the game from the eshop using my Gateway, then restarted into classic mode. The problem seems to be that the 3DS still isn't recognizing that I downloaded the update while in classic mode. Am I doing something wrong or does this just not work?

I'm on the same boat, I just downloaded the update on emuNAND and will update my sysNAND to 8.1 using the cartdrige itself (I keep rolling bakc between 8.1~4.2 using Gateway Nand restore tool), I will post results, BTW both of my Nands are linked.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country

As far as I'm aware, the update should wrk without question but the update needs to be the same region as your console region.
Make sure that the region is correct and you shouldn't have any problems

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Classic Mode is also emuNAND, so it should work without problems.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I suggest you do since his DS is on 8.1 is download the update and play in sysnand, works for me :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First make sure the update is the same region as the game as already mentioned. Is smash a cart, rom or cia? Since you are playing from classic mode I assume it is a cart.

Try getting the update from in-game while in classic mode and see if that works.

There are places you can download the update and install it as a cia with dev menu or BBB, but that should not be necessary.

You could try what pokemoner2500 said and that should also work but is not really a long term solution. There is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Another step is to backup everything including emunand using the emunand tool and then start with a fresh emunand and see if that solves the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30