Homebrew Is it possible to convert a dev cci into a retail cia? (3DS Unity CCI)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I never changed my 3ds setup at all, I just updated unity, I can't remember doing anything other than that. I even rebuild an old test that worked fine before, but the new build of it doesn't load.

[edit] I'm going to download the same versions as you're using and see if that helps.

Last edited by spinal_cord,
D

Deleted User

I never changed my 3ds setup at all, I just updated unity, I can't remember doing anything other than that. I even rebuild an old test that worked fine before, but the new build of it doesn't load.
May I ask what is your 3DS setup? And as well as this, your Unity for N3DS and SDK versions?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
May I ask what is your 3DS setup? And as well as this, your Unity for N3DS and SDK versions?
I'd love to tell you, but I'm in the middle of reinstalling. My unity for 3ds was the latest, whatever that is, 5.24f1.new 3ds 11.0.0-33E, not sure what emunand it is but its a9lh based, aureinand I think, could be wrong. Windows 10.

D

Deleted User

I'd love to tell you, but I'm in the middle of reinstalling. My unity for 3ds was the latest, whatever that is, 5.24f1.new 3ds 11.0.0-33E, not sure what emunand it is but its a9lh based, aureinand I think, could be wrong. Windows 10.
Like I mentioned, my 3DS is set up with Luma. Luma is excellent for these sort of things because the Luma Dev builds contain... well, dev features that would enable most things you can install and run on a normal panda unit (for example, projects built with Unity). If you get the time and everything is still failing for you, try switching to Luma and try that out.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Like I mentioned, my 3DS is set up with Luma. Luma is excellent for these sort of things because the Luma Dev builds contain... well, dev features that would enable most things you can install and run on a normal panda unit (for example, projects built with Unity). If you get the time and everything is still failing for you, try switching to Luma and try that out.

I tried luma recently, only got black screens... I'll look into it again though if I need to.

[edit]
Looks like my sd card just died, or at least is refusing to accept new files. Currently backing it up and will attempt a format. If it turns out to be unusable, whats the best cource of action for setting up a new emunand on a9lh?

Last edited by spinal_cord,

marcelop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My specs:
Computer OS: Windows 10
Unity for New3DS Version: 1.1.15 (5.2.4)
CTR_SDK: 11.4.0 (11.5.X causes issues for Old3DS builds for me.)
New3DS specs: 11.0.0; Arm9LoaderHax; Luma3DS Dev 6.0.1 hourly (I don't think the settings matter.)

Sorry I wasn't able to reply to you earlier last month, by the way. It's just that it could be anything! Are you building with "development build" checked? Are you building a scene with too many assets? There are plenty of things that make the build crash or not load.

I'm also starting to have a hunch that your 3DS's setup plays a key part in Unity build functionality as well.
Thanks! That's really helpful! I have the exact same setup as you. I'm not building with "development build" on, actually my Unity freezes if I try to build with that option (maybe a sign that my environment is not perfect?)
I'm building an example scene with almost nothing on it (it shows which buttons are being pressed on the screen).

Would you mind sending me a cci that you compiled and you know that works?
Probably my next attempt will be to install everything again on a Windows 7 VM to see if anything changes.

PennyTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first post mentions that the cci/cia file runs well on cytra emulator, the cia i did does not open on cytra (black screen there too), so maybe the way we are decrypting the cci is bad, ill keep trying, first ill download that old unity. I can only try this on weekends, expect me to be active those days.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

as a good update, i managed to run a cia, but i was moving so many things that i dont know what i did, could not make it work again haha.

marcelop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Were you changing Player Settings in Unity when making a build? Or something else?
I'll probably have time to try this again this weekend too. Let us know if you find out what made it work!

PennyTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did a cci and tried different install/decrypt methods and one of those worked, i dont remember which one tough..

marcelop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay. I FINALLY was able to make it work!!
I was changing many things so I don't know exactly which one did the trick, but it was one of these:
  • In Unity Player Settings, I chose the region America
  • I changed the Save Data Size to 512K
  • I changed the application ID to be in the valid range (0x00300)
  • I removed the e-Manual file (it was creating an extra partition in the image)
  • I added the "keys" to Decrypt9 (my knowledge of the encryption/decryption of the package is very basic, so I don't know if the keys were used in the process)
It's a good idea to have citra setup too and make sure you have a very basic scene to test with. Initially my build was not running on citra after decrypting, and once it did all the rest started to work too.
Anyway thanks so much to everyone that tried to help me!
Now I`m having other problems with the shaders (everything is white), but it had been a while since I was this happy to see a white sphere on a white plane!

marcelop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey sorry I couldn't answer earlier. There's not really much to it, you just do as Kriogenic had said earlier: "Content Decrypter Options" -> "NCCH/NCSD File Options" -> "NCCH/NCSD Decryptor". This will overwrite the CCI with the decrypted one (which you can test in citra. Then select "NCCH/NCSD to CIA Converter" which will convert the decrypted CCI into a CIA.

I'm glad it's working for you too!

PennyTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry I couldn't answer earlier. There's not really much to it, you just do as Kriogenic had said earlier: "Content Decrypter Options" -> "NCCH/NCSD File Options" -> "NCCH/NCSD Decryptor". This will overwrite the CCI with the decrypted one (which you can test in citra. Then select "NCCH/NCSD to CIA Converter" which will convert the decrypted CCI into a CIA.

thanks! i got stuck a bit on the input but now i have that fixed too, tried to send you a PM but i dont know how to do this on this site.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All I have is the .exe files. How do I get the .cci? Do I open the .exe?

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig