Emulation How do you run CCI files on a Homebrew 3DS?

RubyBomb82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, I downloaded an encrypted ROM and decrypted it with the Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor like usual, but for some reason the Decryptor changed the .CIA file to a .CCI file. I tried installing it on FBI and it didn't recognize the file as something I could install like a .CIA. I believe the reason for this is because the ROM wasn't for the base game, but it was an Embedded Update ROM instead. To make sure, I decrypted another embedded update ROM with the Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor and it once again gave me a .CCI file. Is there any way for me to actually run these games on my homebrew 3DS?

RubyBomb82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried renaming them to .CIA, and installing one to test it?
No I have not, I actually didn't think it would be that simple. I shall test it right now!

I have finished, and unfortunately FBI still does not recognize the file as something that can be installed. Thanks for the suggestion though.

RubyBomb82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently GodMode9 can convert cci/3ds to cia.
I see there's a .3DS to .CIA converter in GodMode9, but I don't see a .CCI to .CIA converter. I will try simply putting the .CCI file in there first and see if the converter will accept it.

I have finished, and the converter didn't see the .CCI file as usable. Is there a .CCI to .3DS converter I could use?

RubyBomb82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: I have figured out the solution, and I will post it here for everyone else to figure out too!

Prerequisite: This for people who have used the Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor and received a .CCI file instead of a .CIA file. This means that your ROM has to already have been decrypted. Also your 3DS must be jailbroken.

Step 1: Simply rename your .CCI file to a .3DS file. Windows will warn you that renaming the file could render it unusable. Just press OK.

Step 2: Insert your 3DS's SD card into your PC.

Step 3: Take your decrypted CCI file and put it into your 3DS's SD card. More specifically, put it into "gm9", then put it into "in".

Step 4: Remove your 3DS's SD card from your PC and insert it into your 3DS.

Step 5: Launch GodMode9. (This is done by holding "Start" while pushing the "Power" button.)

Step 6: Once there, push the "Home" button to bring up the action menu.

Step 7: Use the D-Pad to navigate to "Scripts..." and push "A" to select it.

Step 8: Select "GM9Megascript" by pushing "A".

Step 9: Navigate to "Miscellaneous" and push "A" to select it.

Step 10: Navigate to ".3ds to .cia Converter" and push "A" to select it.

Step 11: If everything has gone right, you should see your .3DS ROM there. Simply press "A" to let the converter convert your file.

Step 12: After your file is converted, just exit out of GodMode9 by powering down the system, power it back on again, and now you're ready to install it with FBI just like a normal .CIA ROM!

minhle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
UPDATE: I have figured out the solution, and I will post it here for everyone else to figure out too!

Prerequisite: This for people who have used the Batch CIA 3DS Decryptor and received a .CCI file instead of a .CIA file. This means that your ROM has to already have been decrypted. Also your 3DS must be jailbroken.

Step 1: Simply rename your .CCI file to a .3DS file. Windows will warn you that renaming the file could render it unusable. Just press OK.

Step 2: Insert your 3DS's SD card into your PC.

Step 3: Take your decrypted CCI file and put it into your 3DS's SD card. More specifically, put it into "gm9", then put it into "in".

Step 4: Remove your 3DS's SD card from your PC and insert it into your 3DS.

Step 5: Launch GodMode9. (This is done by holding "Start" while pushing the "Power" button.)

Step 6: Once there, push the "Home" button to bring up the action menu.

Step 7: Use the D-Pad to navigate to "Scripts..." and push "A" to select it.

Step 8: Select "GM9Megascript" by pushing "A".

Step 9: Navigate to "Miscellaneous" and push "A" to select it.

Step 10: Navigate to ".3ds to .cia Converter" and push "A" to select it.

Step 11: If everything has gone right, you should see your .3DS ROM there. Simply press "A" to let the converter convert your file.

Step 12: After your file is converted, just exit out of GodMode9 by powering down the system, power it back on again, and now you're ready to install it with FBI just like a normal .CIA ROM!
My 3DS has not Godmode9, How to install it pls.

minhle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I format all data my SDcard and try to install CFW. but now my 3DS is bricking. the black screen and just only blue light blinking. How to fix it pls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up