Hacking Is it me or Pokemon Platinum (U) is unstable in AKAIO?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I have an R4 and a DSTT both runs on YSMenu Feb.2009. It seems normal to play Pokemon Platinum with the built in reboot and the WiFi. Im just wondering if anyone is experiencing any problems in Pokemon Platinum in Acekard with or without AKAIO.

The WiFi bug is flawless in Mariokart in Acekard but I get white screen when I play Pokemon Platinum. If I press L+R+select+start, I cant reboot it. Is this a game-only bug?

I searched but nothing seems to be in the results. Just tell me if it's fine in your case. I might have a glitchy game.

Thanks.

Regards,
Chris

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
clubecgr said:
I have an R4 and a DSTT both runs on YSMenu Feb.2009. It seems normal to play Pokemon Platinum with the built in reboot and the WiFi. Im just wondering if anyone is experiencing any problems in Pokemon Platinum in Acekard with or without AKAIO.

The WiFi bug is flawless in Mariokart in Acekard but I get white screen when I play Pokemon Platinum. If I press L+R+select+start, I cant reboot it. Is this a game-only bug?

I searched but nothing seems to be in the results. Just tell me if it's fine in your case. I might have a glitchy game.

Thanks.

Regards,
Chris
I also get white screens when using L+R+select+start, so I just use the menu's soft reset.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
How about the Mystery Gift. It uses the built in reboot, isnt it? I'll just have to stick to my R4 with YS Menu until this was fix. (if this is on the side of Acekard)

I never expected this could happen. I guess Nintendo is trying out with the hidden anti-piracy protection, isnt it?

Regards,
Chris

Jamzrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cant u set the game so that it autoruns on startup and my acekard works fine with pokemon platinum.. no errors with ak2 or akaio whatsoever.. im in wifi plaza right now
tongue.gif

EDIT: yes now there is a problem ahah.. cant go into underground.. hoping there will be a fix out soon

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I remember it was similar to the Ragnarok Online DS. If you quicksave on it, it wont reboot when unpatched and clean. But when patched, it can reboot. The patch is the translation. I dont have problems with the game, it's just I have to restart the DS everytime I do the WiFi settings and to press L+R+select+start.

Also, I tried the WiFi setting on other games in my Acekard and it was fine. no problems so far.

It could be the game when it's on the acekard. No problems on other carts.

Like I said, "Is is just me or Pokemon is unstable in Acekard 2.1?" Im looking if someone else is having the same problem as mine and I was not alone. Someone is experiencing the same problem. Glad yours was fine.

--

If I set the auto-replay the last game, what will I do to play other games. I tried it but I have to go to my computer and re-edit the code back to '0' (zero) to restore the Acekard AKAIO menu.

Regards,
Chris

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
internal softreset for roms which have it was fixed in the recent akaio. also a wifi fix was added to the new loader. you fail to mention what versions you are running. if you don't have the most recent builds then please upgrade. after testing on the recent builds, if you still have problems, report it to the bugdar. make sure you test with different roms, don't patch it in anyway, don't trim it, etc. try different firmware patching combinations (softreset on/off, cheats on/off), etc.

hold B when you load your acekard with akaio to skip the auto run you turned on.

-another world

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had that problem for a while too, so then I stumbled across the new AKAIO proper fixed firmware and then it worked for my platinum and GTA CW

btw : im done GTA WOOT
biggrin.gif

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Is there 1.4.1a or 1.4.2? Im using the latest one as I'm monitoring the AKAIO in any way.

I have the latest loader and WiFi settings work on some rom like mario kart.

I always have the latest in everything as Im always online.

I'll just wait for other people to report back before attempting to report. I know I will be late in reporting so I just ask other people to do it. I remember I was too late to submit something in the "user submitted news"

Regards,
Chris

PS: Until my Genuine Pokemon Platinum arrives, I'll just test the rom version. I'll ignore the rom once my game arrives.

So far, I see 2 more people having the same problem. Cheats working. only L+R+select+start problem and the reboot with data like mystery gift.

here are also problems for acekard

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (white screen on Wifi settings)
Pokemon Ranger 2 (white screen on wifi settings, reboot wont work [downloaded new mission and it wont start after download and reboot])
Professor Layton (Wifi setting works, probable the AK2loader. It works)

I'll redownload AKAIO again and the new loader

EDIT: Redownloaded AKAIO. same problem. 1.4.1 PROPER.

I used the japanese version but the same problem. L+R+select+start not working

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
clubecgr said:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 (white screen on Wifi settings)
Pokemon Ranger 2 (white screen on wifi settings, reboot wont work [downloaded new mission and it wont start after download and reboot])
Professor Layton (Wifi setting works, probable the AK2loader. It works)

did you try these aspects of the gameplay with different patches on/off? turning off softreset and cheats for example would allow more ram when the game loads up, and could fix your wifi issues problem.

don't wait to report, just report it. you would think that in a community for 150,000+ users more people would report problems. but it seems everyone takes the same attitude, wait for someone else to do it.

-another world

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I noticed that most Pokemon games have problems in Acekard. Though I would like to ask the people incharge to take their time to see the problems. I'm not rushing. I know Smiths and Normatt and others have busy schedules so I dont mind if this was fixed or not.

Also, my aunt from Texas told me that WalMart Online will distribute the Pokemon Platinum in 10 days so I would like te staff of GBATEMP.NET to lock this if possible. I dont want any flames or wars going to happen here.

Again, I will soon have a GENUINE Pokemon Platinum this April or until it arrives here in the Philippines. Im no pirate.

This topic simplifies that some Pokemon games have problems in Acekard. I dont blame anyone. And I think I would praise Nintendo for such thing.

I would like to note that Im always online and I AM updated on my things like flashcarts. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Also, I reported this problem to the AKAIO bug report but I would like to note that take your time in doing it. If you cant find the problem, fine with me as I will have the original game itself. Im just testing it for a while.

Thank you for your time

Regards,
Chris

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
Try DataBlitz, I saw there guitar hero a week after its release in US
It's the best place you can bet to buy genuine games n the philippines

patches off/untrimmed, in-game soft reset had troubles so far in any of my games
pokemon platinum rumbled until i turned off my ds and rumble is turned "off" when soft reset
just another person who checks if I'm the only one who had this
AKAIO 1.4.1proper used

EDIT: Holding X at boot which is DMA mode fixes it

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I tested it and holding X while it boots does fixes it. How do I know if this will be permanent so I dont have to keep pressing X everytime I play Pokemon Platinum.

--

So Pokemon games MUST NOT be in DMA mode. I understand.

Thanks for the heads up akothegreat. I'll buy Pokemon Platinum next week then sell the one that my aunt will give me minus the bonuses of WalMart.

--

The downside of the AKAIO, I have to wait a couple more seconds than the ones on other flashcarts. Is pressing X permanent the next time I play?

Regards,
Chris

PS: I told you I have to wait a couple of people before I post this to the bug report. I now looked stupid in the bug report because I posted a useless report. I know I have to wait for someone to fix it for me.

Can someone edit the title of this topic to something like "Fixed in Pokemon Platinum issues in Acekard"

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
clubecgr, Try using the latest official firmware confirm it works with that and I will look for a regression, if it doesnt then i will simply force usage of old dma mode for all pokemon games.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Thanks Normatt for the time here. I'll download the latest Official Firmwar from Acekard and report ASAP.

Regards,
Chris

EDIT: I have problems with system properties in the Official Firmware. I ran Pokemon Platinum and it seems fine without pressing anything other than tha A button to open it. One thing that annoys me is that I dont have any skins. I even transfer my AKAIO UI folder but no skin so I didnt have the time to adjust anything in START button.

EDIT2: Pokemon games are flawless in the official firmware withour pressing additional buttons. I dont have a stable official firmware as I cant open the system properties. Can someone send me a working firmware with skins enable? It didnt show any skins on my official firmware downloaded.

In AKAIO, I waited for 1 minute but no reboot. pressing X does rebooted, though it takes time, like 6 seconds or so.

Jamzrap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i looked into it a bit more.. even with the old DMA mode it seems u cant visit the underground (u no that ad-hoc place u run around and mine and make secret bases and stuff).. hold A while loading so it doesnt load any DMA mode whatsoever, it might take a bit longer but it will work smoothly

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Underground works perfect in AKAIO. I have accessed theunderground and the GTS and everything even WiFi Plaza. problem is the in-game reboot. I'll test the wifi setting with the X button pressed at the beginning.

Regards,
Chris

My problem is the official firmware, I cant press the start button. it freezes if i pressed it. Also, I need the skin enabled.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
clubecgr said:
The downside of the AKAIO, I have to wait a couple more seconds than the ones on other flashcarts.

come on man... seconds? what are a few seconds when you can play over 3,500 roms and hundreds of homebrew apps/games/emulators? that is such a ridiculous complaint, its just, well, ridiculous.

QUOTE said:
Is pressing X permanent the next time I play?

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#DMA_Mode

Code:
In v1.4.1 the new DMA-QuickSave mode has been made default. You can see that this mode is working when the "Loading" text turns green. This new mode fixes video and sound glitches which occur in older patching modes, and offers faster save writing/reading support.

Pokemon games are flawless in the official firmware withour pressing additional buttons.

that is because the official firmware uses a patching method similiar to the one akaio uses when holding X. the official lacks the non-dma and dma-quicksave. the default method in akaio is still new but offers advantages over the standard dma mode. with that said, is holding X really that big of a deal?

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, furry grandma?