Is e-bay broken?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't let me log in, says password is incorrect? I even went and changed my password and that logged me in for a while then I closed the browser came back and now it is saying my new password is wrong still.

I would contact e-bay support, BUT THEY NEED YOU LOGGED IN TO DO THAT.
mad.gif

What the crap!?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well not the answer you're after but it has been broken for years now since they gobbled up Paypal. It used to be a great resource, an on line garage sale of many cheap items or hard to find stuff at fair rates and low margins(payment to post, win % give up.) Now they got paypal and them going together to steal like 20% of your winnings between posting fees, winning fees, other fees, and then if you don't want to give them your back account a few bucks for a check/money order.) As a result prices have gone up and people are now in many cases hosing people for like +$3-5 or so in 'handling' on the shipping to defray costs.

eBay needs to overhaul or die.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Well not the answer you're after but it has been broken for years now since they gobbled up Paypal. It used to be a great resource, an on line garage sale of many cheap items or hard to find stuff at fair rates and low margins(payment to post, win % give up.) Now they got paypal and them going together to steal like 20% of your winnings between posting fees, winning fees, other fees, and then if you don't want to give them your back account a few bucks for a check/money order.) As a result prices have gone up and people are now in many cases hosing people for like +$3-5 or so in 'handling' on the shipping to defray costs.

eBay needs to overhaul or die.

ITS ALL TRUEEEE!

Tho, where else is there to sell stuff like e-bay?
unsure.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you're not looking for specific stuff that's hard to come by locally, craigslist is the way to go.

It usually takes me a day to arrange a trade (be it buying or selling) if the price is about right.
Haven't come across scammers on CL, but I have come across bad sellers on ebay.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dack said:
Ebay have had login problems for the last few weeks apparently. Another of the current bugs involves people unable to sell as the link between the paypal and ebay breaks.

http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?threa...d=1217612945436

Other places to sell:
Ebid, amazon, tazbar etc.

Have a look here for others:
http://www.ebay-alternatives.co.uk/

I finally got confirmation that my ebay account closed last week
smile.gif

Why wont it work still!

ARGH!

mad.gif

Thanks for the info, maybe it will be fixed IN A FEW WEEKS...
blink.gif

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
ONe of the suggestions has been to change the browser you use - for some reason people have been reporting being able to logon using IE7 but not using firefox.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest you contact Ebay - if they suspect someone hacked your account they lock the account - which is the same as unable to log in

QUOTE said:
03:41:28 Gale Hello and thank you for contacting Account Security Live Help, my name is Gale. May I please have a few minutes to review your previews chat so I may catch up with the issue that you are having?
03:41:40 Username Sure
03:42:53 Gale Thanks.
03:43:54 Gale Thanks for giving me a moment. I am now checking your account.
03:44:02 Username thanks
03:45:24 Gale You're welcome. Rest assured that we'll straighten this out.
03:45:29 Username OK
03:46:29 Gale In order to help you, I need to verify your information. Could you please provide me with your name, address, and telephone number? (Note that eBay would never ask you for sensitive information like passwords and credit card numbers)
03:47:15 Username Address withheld
03:48:14 Gale Thanks.
03:48:26 Username You're welcome
03:49:14 Gale After checking, it appears your account was accessed by a third party, and used to list unauthorized auctions. In order to prevent any further fraudulent activity, we reset your password and temporarily placed a hold on your account. To be sure, did you list a GHD ® HAIR STRAIGHTENERS MK4 (IV) THERMODYNAMICS BUNDLE ?
03:49:49 Username LOL no lol I haven't sold anything for ages - I last accessed my account in March
03:50:14 Username I hope that didn't muck up my feedback
03:50:29 Gale Okay, we now know for certain that a third party gained access to your account and listed these items. The items have been ended and all fees are currently in the process of being reversed. You will be credited in full.
03:50:53 Username Wow - thats a bit of a shock really
03:51:39 Gale Rest assured that your feedback will not be affected by this.
03:51:55 Username How was this done?
frown.gif

03:52:29 Gale I understand that you do not want this to happen again to your account. I'll provide you a list on how this may have happened to your account.
03:53:26 Username OK
03:55:24 Gale There are a few other ways it can happen:
Your password has been guessed. If you use a fairly simple, single word, or easy-to-guess passwords, it's possible someone could have guessed it after repeated attempts.
A family member or friend has responded to a spoof. If you forget to log off your account after logging into it in a public setting (library, web cafe, etc)
It is also important to keep the password used for your registered eBay email account secured. If a 3rd party has access to your email account, they can use the Forgot My Password feature on eBay. Please remember to periodically change your email account password.
And lastly, there are a number of computer viruses in circulation that log and record keystrokes. It's recommended that computer users keep their virus alert software up-to-date, and check their system often for problems. A firewall for high-speed Internet users is also highly recommended.
03:56:10 Username hmm
03:56:22 Username well I've always been careful
03:56:37 Username this doesn't affect my PayPal right?
03:56:43 Username when did this happen?
03:57:24 Gale Oh your eBay account and PayPal account are separate, however if your password for each account is the same, they may be compromised by association. If you do see suspicious activity on your PayPal account, please contact them immediately. You may contact PayPal directly at:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-general or at their number: 1-402-935-2050 U.S. number). They are open between 4:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Pacific Time), Monday to Friday and 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Pacific Time), on Saturday and Sunday.
03:58:05 Username Well i did check all my accounts - it seems only Ebay was affected in the sense I couldn't log in
03:58:26 Username So what happens now?
03:58:31 Gale I checked and I can confirm to you that this happened on May 19th.
03:58:38 Username ?
03:58:43 Username Great! lol

Don't have the rest of the log
The last sentence, I laughed because the day -- May19th - is my birthday and it was on that day I took a mad notion to check something on ebay

Be careful with your passwords - it can happen to anyone.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No because I can log in temporarily if I go through the process of changing my password, but as soon as I close the browser nothing.

Also I cannot use IE because mine has some strange bug that it can only load up the home page, and nomatter what you do that is the only page it can go to. Besides changing the home page and closeing IE their is no way to get to a diff page. I have yet to find a solution. Also I checked for viruses and all that, nothing.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could try the safari browser and see if that works. The apple safari browser has huge memory usage but it may work with this particular site.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tedmg09130913 said:
Maybe you could try the safari browser and see if that works. The apple safari browser has huge memory usage but it may work with this particular site.

I am on windows.
unsure.gif

Maybe operah, but I think I tried it and it does the same thing as IE.
mad.gif

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
epicelite said:
tedmg09130913 said:

I am on windows.
unsure.gif

Maybe operah, but I think I tried it and it does the same thing as IE.
mad.gif

Go get Firefox.

Did you even read the entire thread?
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*