Cannot use Teams as free user??

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has came to my attention that MS Teams has a fee now apparently. This is all good and well but i seem to have encountered a strange problem as free user.

I have received a interview meeting link which when I try to join I am asked to first sign in... Which I do then I am asked to sign up and this process repeats itself even if completed.

I have joined with the meeting id and password and still met with the same process to signing up and signing in again. It's driving me absolutely crazy.

This happens with the browser and the installed app on many different devices, unfortunately I cannot install the app on my phone anymore and the browser just cycles the log in attempt infinitely.

Help!!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It should be free unless you need feature outside of the free version.
By receiving a join meeting link this should allow you to join any meeting... Technically joining onto their licensed version but... no go.

Slight update however... And why i didn't think of it sooner?? ... I asked my neighbour to install it onto his phone, i logged in and joined the meeting no probs... All a little late on the day but we have a solution and a reschedule for my interview... Woo!!

My neighbours phone is a Samsung flip... No clue why it only allows me to do it there but not on other laptops or browsers!

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to confirm, everything is up to date and supported (e.g. W10, all updates installed)? You've also tried clearing the browser cache? You've tried disabling any AV? You've tried using a different network (e.g. mobile network instead of Wifi)?

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to confirm, everything is up to date and supported (e.g. W10, all updates installed)? You've also tried clearing the browser cache? You've tried disabling any AV? You've tried using a different network (e.g. mobile network instead of Wifi)?
Yeah sorry I meant to add that the op. Tried logging everyone out of everything and rebooting ect. Re the connection... I am using mobile data as no wifi unfortunately at the moment but the same problems arose on my neighbours pc on his wifi!

The only solution I've found is installing the app on his (newer) phone and getting into the meeting from there. Have retried my laptop since and same errors!! Very very strange!

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sorry I meant to add that the op. Tried logging everyone out of everything and rebooting ect. Re the connection... I am using mobile data as no wifi unfortunately at the moment but the same problems arose on my neighbours pc on his wifi!

The only solution I've found is installing the app on his (newer) phone and getting into the meeting from there. Have retried my laptop since and same errors!! Very very strange!

What OSs (including versions) are you using? Are they fully up to date?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wi
What OSs (including versions) are you using? Are they fully up to date?
Windows 10 and yeah fully updated. Dont have version numbers right now But thats not going to be the issue across all devices. The common denominator is Teams and no more updates remain for my laptop, even teams updated and still the same rigmarole.

Short of the story is, i really need a new phone anyway. Huawei p8 lite 2017 which is still a strong handset but the storage is crap and starting to mess with android but since android 7 is no longer appropriate I'll just have to update it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.