Is casemodding difficult?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Scott-105, Sep 2, 2011.

Sep 2, 2011

Is casemodding difficult? by Scott-105 at 5:42 PM (509 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Scott-105
    OP

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    I recently bought a DS Lite for cheap, but I'm not too fond of the case. I was thinking of casemodding it. Is it difficult though? I don't wanna mess up the DS.

Also, getting a DSi as well. I might casemod it too.

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Some parts are really evil, like the small connectors holding the ribbons (they love to break), and the ribbons itselves.

You don't even imagine how easy is for one of those to rip off in the middle of a hinge.

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    watch some videos. Its pretty tough. You have to know what your doing and make sure you dont end up with "spare parts".

also let the record show that i had to buy a second top screen.

4. mallow_cup

Newcomer mallow_cup Member

United States
    Its tough if you're not patient. It takes a lot of patience to get the antenna cord and the microphone cords to lay right. You have to roll up the ribbon for the top screen several times without crimping it or breaking it.

I find the shoulder button springs to be the biggest pain in the ass. You have to bend them into a hook so there is tension for the shoulder button but when you go to put the bottom on then pop.

The other thing I find to be a pain is the black antenna wire you have to wire it under the DS game slot and it constantly gets stuck and you have to pull it out and straighten it and push it through at the right angle.

Other then that I learned by watching videos on youtube and now I'm really addicted to doing shell mods.