Status
Not open for further replies.

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, I'm Jesus Villalba, I have a question, Is a PS3 emulator for Wii U possible?

according to me, the Wii U has 2 GB RAM, which is in the requirements to use the RPCS3 emulator and the Dolphin emulator.

also something to note is that it is 7 times more powerful than the PS3 to emulate it.

the Wii U has a high-end graphics card, how to run the emulation of Wii Desmume Wii emulator so fast in vWii mode.

I think I have the Wii U for Christmas, Santa Claus will give it to me this Christmas, I already wrote the letter to Santa, it only takes a few days for Christmas, I just need to pray to tell God that Santa has enough money to buy me the gift that I want :-)

Will a PS3 emulator for Wii U be possible, or will it be impossible?

I'm sorry for the delay, but my internet connection was failing :-(

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Definately Not! They are pretty much in the same league! Wii U has a newer and better GPU and additional RAM but that alone is nothing Leaps form what PS3 and 360 Generation can do it basically the console that Nintendo should have made instead of plain Wii but just think of all the cool games wii would miss out on ;) But atleast the Wii U has Unofficial GameCube support.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure the CPU the PS3 had is far more powerful than what the Wii U had and thus, it would be impossible for the Wii U to handle it.

D

Deleted User

Short answer, No. Long answer: Impossible. The ps3 had a strange chipset that even pcs have trouble emulating it. It's difficult to fully explain, but how it functioned would be practially impossible for the wiiu to emulated it. Especially given how low it's specs is and how it's bottle capped by it's CPU. As the ps3 used a unorthodox chip type or method. Multiple different chips (if I recall correctly) running at various different speeds handling different parts of the console while also being integral to it.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Stealphie

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Short answer, No. Long answer: Impossible. The ps3 had a strange chipset that even pcs have trouble emulating it. It's difficult to fully explain, but how it functioned would be practially impossible for the wiiu to emulated it. Especially given how low it's specs is and how it's bottle capped by it's CPU.
To both console's credit, they both run on the PPC architecture, so the Wii U would technically struggle less than an equally-specced PC. That ultimately doesn't change much when the console is under-specced for the task, though

D

Deleted User

To both console's credit, they both run on the PPC architecture, so the Wii U would technically struggle less than an equally-specced PC. That ultimately doesn't change much when the console is under-specced for the task, though
True it is the same architecture, and as you said, the wiiu is far too under powered to properly handle it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MysticFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U is not powerful enough to emulate ps3, it's only slightly more powerful than the wii the ps3 is far too complex to be emulated on anything except a decent pc. If you want to play ps3 games you'd better off getting your parents to buy you a used ps3 or ask for decent pc.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U is not powerful enough to emulate ps3, it's only slightly more powerful than the wii the ps3 is far too complex to be emulated on anything except a decent pc. If you want to play ps3 games you'd better off getting your parents to buy you a used ps3 or ask for decent pc.
I dunno if I'd call 3 times more powerful "slightly more powerful than the Wii"

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Why bother emulating the PS3 when most good PS3 exclusives are available on the PS4 with improved performance?

Last edited by ,

NancyDS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Everyone says it's impossible, because I'll try to know if you can emulate the Xbox 360, which does not have a complex architecture like the PS3, is less powerful than the Wii U and has more third party games than the Wii U.

Can the Wii U emulate, the Xbox 360?

Is this possible to emulate on the Wii U?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone says it's impossible, because I'll try to know if you can emulate the Xbox 360, which does not have a complex architecture like the PS3, is less powerful than the Wii U and has more third party games than the Wii U.

Can the Wii U emulate, the Xbox 360?

Is this possible to emulate on the Wii U?
Are you genuinely asking this?? Lol the wiiu can't even emulate the nintendo 64 properly with many N64 games not working.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Serious answer: YES, any Turing-complete machine (which all mentioned consoles are) can emulate any other Turing machine, given enough time and memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end